iPhone 5 Notification LED

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The next iPhone is not here yet - no one know definitively what it has or won't have.... I'm mostly peeved at those in the crowd that have the iPhone as it currently exists and whine about what it does not have. Before the iPhone4 - I had the BB8830, Curve, and Tour... the LED notification did nothing for me but blink... Frankly, if the next iPhone comes with one, there better dang well be a way to turn the friggin thing off.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
popcorn.gif

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The next iPhone is not here yet - no one know definitively what it has or won't have.... I'm mostly peeved at those in the crowd that have the iPhone as it currently exists and whine about what it does not have. Before the iPhone4 - I had the BB8830, Curve, and Tour... the LED notification did nothing for me but blink... Frankly, if the next iPhone comes with one, there better dang well be a way to turn the friggin thing off.

Understood. ;)

Just Me, D
(iPhone)

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Having an notification LED would not be leading. It would be following... If notification LEDs are your thing, then the iPhone is not your thing.

This entire argument is like buying a Ford, and whining that it doesn't have GM's ONSTAR in it...

Ok so lets get this straight: I want an LED on an iPhone, so therefore I should switch phones? Yea not happening. It's an LED, im not asking them to side load Windows 8 on it.

Most likely if Apple does introduce it, there will be ways to disable it. Location services is built in, but it has an off switch, just like many of the other features.

Reactions: redbeard

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you wanted an LED notification light, why in bloody bleep did you buy an iPhone knowing it didn't have one? iPhones have never had one, likely won't - yet you're here complaining about that. What a waste of time, resources, etc... smh.

so much for remaining silent... :eek:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm looking forward to when the iPhone has an LED light for notifications. It's more practice for notifications and it'll better battery life of the device overall. Just think about it: your little tiny LED lights up instead of your huge screen, the speakers are off and soo is the vibrate. I had this system on my blackberry and it's the only thing I really miss from it.

To those who say no, for whatever reason, I say you should be able to disable the LED from lighting up. Having a feature that can be turned off is better than having less features in my opinon. On the Nexus 2 the LED cant even be seen until it lights up, soo really how can something be ugly if it's not visible unless used?

Steve is gone, and it's time for Apple to change and innovate like they always do. Sticking to the script limits you, but Apple has always bee about leading the market, not chasing it.

So now you're suggesting that Apple copy a feature from an android device? :eek: :cool:

unfortunately there's no "tongue in cheek" smiley...

Last edited:

Sparro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Having an notification LED would not be leading. It would be following... If notification LEDs are your thing, then the iPhone is not your thing.

This entire argument is like buying a Ford, and whining that it doesn't have GM's ONSTAR in it...

Really? iPhone followed in many areas... it's entire existence came from RIM and BlackBerry... they invented the smartphone.
Push email was copied, Copy and Paste was copied, their attempt at multi-tasking was copied, notification centre was copied, their attempt at a profiles in iOS 6 is copied.
... and you know what, one day there will probably be a LED somewhere on the front. Whats the problem of taking the good ideas and putting them all together on one product? Just like on a BlackBerry, if you don't like the LED turn it off and don't use it. But don't be an ignorant person and try to tell people there is no use for a feature just because you don't like it... I think if someone made a poll, you would find that you would probably be in the minority.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Really? iPhone followed in many areas... it's entire existence came from RIM and BlackBerry... they invented the smartphone.
Push email was copied, Copy and Paste was copied, their attempt at multi-tasking was copied, notification centre was copied, their attempt at a profiles in iOS 6 is copied.
... and you know what, one day there will probably be a LED somewhere on the front. Whats the problem of taking the good ideas and putting them all together on one product? Just like on a BlackBerry, if you don't like the LED turn it off and don't use it. But don't be an ignorant person and try to tell people there is no use for a feature just because you don't like it... I think if someone made a poll, you would find that you would probably be in the minority.

Not wanting an led is ignorant???

How bout don't be arrogant like you're being forcing a feature onto a phone just because YOU want it... smh. :(

Selsandy

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What if like one poster said on the imore home page they made the home button light up acting as a led notification? Then its not really adding anything to the phone.

I can agree with that but, also have the option of disabling it for those who don't want it..... Strickly software so no need to add anything hardware-wise (if possible that is).

GPAbsinthe

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If one wants a blinky light on their phone they should get a Blakberry. iPhone's are perfectly fine without them.

If you wanted an LED notification light, why in bloody bleep did you buy an iPhone knowing it didn't have one? iPhones have never had one, likely won't - yet you're here complaining about that. What a waste of time, resources, etc... smh.

Not wanting an led is ignorant???

How bout don't be arrogant like you're being forcing a feature onto a phone just because YOU want it... smh. :(

Just so you know... that last comment is easily reversible - both its affirmative nature and its recipient.

Would you be king, I'd expect tyranny. And I just gathered some of your replies HERE...

It's not just that delusion that you, above any other, know what the iPhone is, or should be, like you were so akin to it's essence that any threat you felt to its integrity was a threat to your own... It's more that you can't seem to grasp that the existence of any different state of mind beside your own is not only possible, but also viable, even vital...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Would you be king, I'd expect tyranny. And I just gathered some of your replies HERE...

It's not just that delusion that you, above any other, know what the iPhone is, or should be, like you were so akin to it's essence that any threat you felt to its integrity was a threat to your own... It's more that you can't seem to grasp that the existence of any different state of mind beside your own is not only possible, but also viable, even vital...

And we're you king, we'd have your tyranny. And that last paragraph... Mr Kettle, meet Mr. Pot.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

I bought it because I can. Its a product, just like anything else you buy in the market, there are many options to choose from. I want an LED but no where did I say it's a deal breaker for me or that I am switching to another platform.

You need to learn the difference between a want and a need. Yes, I want an LED. Currently I don't need one, as I own a 4S, but it would be a great feature to add. So what? What's it to you? Who gives you the right to determine what is a waste of time and resources? NO ONE. This is a public forum and if I want to be in the conversation then that's none of your concern. You have the right to defend your opinion but don't go around attacking mine.

Also, no where did I complain about there not being an LED on the iPhone. I would like to see one, but am satisfied either way.

There were no drop down menus on the first iPhone OS, neither were there multitasking, copy/paste, mms, and a bunch of features that the iPhone currently has. Apple has always used the 30 pin connector, but GUESS WHAT!!! They switched. Companies sometimes, as shocking as it may be to you, CHANGE THEIR PRODUCT! Yes, they do this so they remain relevant in the market place. Throughout the years, Apple has done a lot of "firsts" and I would not be surprised if they add a LED notification system in the future.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro