Good Opinion read

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
You know, he is totally correct. Yes the iPhone in its current state is nice, but Apple should do more to innovate and perfect iOS. Granted I know there is only so much you can do to a phone before its gimmicky, but at least change it up a bit. iOS is getting old now and time for something new. Otherwise Apple will be turning to RIM, and I'm sure we all don't want that lol.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Well jobs did say ios was 5 years ahead and we know how long ago that was...

Yeah, and we also heard (or read) that Steve Jobs planned stuff for Apple 3-5 in advance before his death. Hopefully that includes a totally new look for iPhone and most specifically, iOS.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Interesting read, but something i found humorous was his comparison to an unsuccessful release and the current status of some of the dying breed cell phone manufacturers...Apple would literally have to release 2 or 3 more MIRRORED iPhone's in order to start being afraid of becoming part of that dying list, it's not going to happen with one bad release (because to be honest, they haven't HAD a bad release yet!)

The 4S and the 3GS were basically enhancements...and sold like wild fire. If they take this new iPhone and enhance it again, it will also sell like crazy (even if they left it the same size). He has a point with the market becoming more competitive, but the bottom line is, the leader of the pack is still Apple, and with such a loyal following, it would take a lot to knock them down to obscurity over the next 5 years or so.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, the way i see it, Apple is just warming up. They just got through giving Macs a bunch of iOS features. LTE is coming. And more carriers have been added. Oh and did i mention they have the lions share of the profits already in the smartphone market?

The only real suspense is how much of a record Apple sets this fall.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods