Are you upgrading to the next iPhone?

Will you upgrade?

• Total voters

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
At this juncture based on all rumors to be correct I am going to say no...

Normally I always upgrade, and if not for the body and charging port change I would have upgraded.

The current iPhone 4S works perfectly for me 99% of the time, I have no real issues or complaints. I am beta testing iOS 6 (beta 3) and for the most part the changes I was hoping for are in the iOS and not the phone. iPhone 4S will run almost everything the same with the new iOS 6.0 full release.

The new iPhone (5) for lack of a final name, is not that different. OK, we have a few chip changes, faster, more memory, more storage and the Near Field stuff... all cool, but I can live w/o the Near Field for now, not sure if I would be using it anyway.

The killer for me, is the body change and the port change.

I have a LOT invested in cases, docks, charging cables, belt clips, Otter Box, etc.. to be tossing it all away to start over for changes that are not that huge.

So for me, unless I am missing something HUGE I can't justify the upgrade even though my GEEK status almost demands that I make the upgrade.

Only thing at this point that may change my mind is if my wife decides does does want my iPhone 4S I may do the 5 upgrade, or just get her a 4S when everyone dumps theirs to get the iPhoine 5.

So for now... Nope.. (sad to say)

Reactions: anon(279851)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I cannot give a definite answer until I physically see the new iPhone as presented by Apple when it is introduced. Seriously, I'm satisfied with my 4S and if the new iPhone isn't a significant improvement according to "me" then I won't upgrade. If I like the improvements then yes, I will get it.

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

ray6712

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
yes I surely will have had all but the 3GS my wife is eagerly awaiting my 4s and my daughter is waiting for her 4 so yes I will upgrade

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
After having LTE on the new iPad, I must have that on the iPhone. Also with a bigger screen and I'm sure other hardware changes, it's a definate yes for me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely will upgrade. It's how our family ecosystem works. I'm the dad. I get the new one, using an upgrade from one of the 5 lines on our family plan. Mom gets mine, child #1 gets Mom's, and so on. We've been upgrading that way for about 4 years now... the only exception is if Mom wants a new phone... then she gets one whenever she wants it...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
the only exception is if Mom wants a new phone... then she gets one whenever she wants it...

I am going to go ahead and issue you a prescription for two testicles. You let me know when you fill it. j/k

scrubs2-46.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: baseballbert

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I absolutely will upgrade. It's how our family ecosystem works. I'm the dad. I get the new one, using an upgrade from one of the 5 lines on our family plan. Mom gets mine, child #1 gets Mom's, and so on. We've been upgrading that way for about 4 years now... the only exception is if Mom wants a new phone... then she gets one whenever she wants it...

As they say. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.1

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I know I'll definetly get it, but I don't know when, as I haven't decided whether I want to get the New one on a contract for the first time or go with the factory unlocked version again when Apple releases.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
At this juncture based on all rumors to be correct I am going to say no...

Normally I always upgrade, and if not for the body and charging port change I would have upgraded.

The current iPhone 4S works perfectly for me 99% of the time, I have no real issues or complaints. I am beta testing iOS 6 (beta 3) and for the most part the changes I was hoping for are in the iOS and not the phone. iPhone 4S will run almost everything the same with the new iOS 6.0 full release.

The new iPhone (5) for lack of a final name, is not that different. OK, we have a few chip changes, faster, more memory, more storage and the Near Field stuff... all cool, but I can live w/o the Near Field for now, not sure if I would be using it anyway.

The killer for me, is the body change and the port change.

I have a LOT invested in cases, docks, charging cables, belt clips, Otter Box, etc.. to be tossing it all away to start over for changes that are not that huge.

So for me, unless I am missing something HUGE I can't justify the upgrade even though my GEEK status almost demands that I make the upgrade.

So for now... Nope.. (sad to say)
I agree with alot of your points here Craig. I love my 4S as well & its runs great, plus i DON'T have an upgrade available either. And on top of that all, like you, i have alot invested in cases, cases, cases...oh and did i mention cases?!? :p LOL as well as charging cords-both home & car, and docks.

Also. iOS6 will be avail for the 4S with the few new added features - so that works for me if i decide to upgrade the iOS as well.

We ALL love to have a new device to dote on when its released of course, but i'll wait it out at this point;):)

i am very excited to see when the new iPhone(5?) is release tho. I'm looking forward to see if Apple has gotten daring and changed the screen size or design of the phone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with alot of your points here Craig. I love my 4S as well & its runs great, plus i DON'T have an upgrade available either. And on top of that all, like you, i have alot invested in cases, cases, cases...oh and did i mention cases?!? :p LOL as well as charging cords-both home & car, and docks.

Also. iOS6 will be avail for the 4S with the few new added features - so that works for me if i decide to upgrade the iOS as well.

We ALL love to have a new device to dote on when its released of course, but i'll wait it out at this point;):)

i am very excited to see when the new iPhone(5?) is release tho. I'm looking forward to see if Apple has gotten daring and changed the screen size or design of the phone.

Pink I have found the perfect way for you to get the new iPhone and not lose out on those cases that you bought. With all of the cases that you have by now you could open up your own little case booth at the mall. If ya start selling them now you should have enough money from the sales to get the new iPhone on launch day. :D :p

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink I have found the perfect way for you to get the new iPhone and not lose out on those cases that you bought. With all of the cases that you have by now you could open up your own little case booth at the mall. If ya start selling them now you should have enough money from the sales to get the new iPhone on launch day. :D :p

Rose, i LOVE this idea !! LOL!! now, if i could only make it happen:D :p

(i actually am looking to thin down my cases and sell a few LOL)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
As they say. Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.1

Experience has taught me the following conditions to that common fallacy.

1. An UNHAPPY wife guarantees an unhappy life.

2. A happy wife doesn't GUARANTEE a happy life. It merely makes a happy life possible. There are still many ways one can screw it up.

#justsaying

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711