Are you upgrading to the next iPhone?

Will you upgrade?

• Total voters

tbaptista

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Can someone just please tell me what the iPhone 5 can do that the iPhone 4s can not? I know it can do things better but is it like the 3gs to the 4 --- no face time or the 4 to the 4s no Siri???

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Taking pictures while recording is the only thing I can think of but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Can someone just please tell me what the iPhone 5 can do that the iPhone 4s can not? I know it can do things better but is it like the 3gs to the 4 --- no face time or the 4 to the 4s no Siri???

It's. It a matter of what it can do diff it's what it can do better And faster

5 day calendar Is one that only 5 can do

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Taking pictures while recording is the only thing I can think of but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

The 5 also has a panoramic photo option. Move the phone around and when you're done, it converts the image into a panoramic image, rather than a normal photo.

That's about all I remember.

Damian Rafferty

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm a S2 user and I've been tired of using droids. Although the iPhone 5 came out not exactly "surprising" as I thought it would be, I'd still buy it. However I'd stick to 4s if I'm already a 4s user.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I am upgrading from the iPhone 4 on Verizon when my renewal comes up in November. I tried the galaxy s3 and while it has a lot of great features it is just not as well done as the iPhone. I switched back to my iPhone 4 and can't wait to upgrade to iPhone 5. Both my wife and I will be upgrading in November.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
No. My upgrade isn't due and I'm still on the fence whether I will stay with iOS or not when my contract is up although I'm leaning that way.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5 is the fastest and it's only 200 bucks more. Why not? lol.

Fastest at doing what? Reading an email or talking?

iPad may be different as I draw on an iPad using a lot of sketch applications. I can't see in normal (NOT GAMING) that the A6 will change for us... Maybe video, but not sure about that either... If you play a lot of games, then go for it.

mjh483

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
At this juncture based on all rumors to be correct I am going to say no...

Normally I always upgrade, and if not for the body and charging port change I would have upgraded.

The current iPhone 4S works perfectly for me 99% of the time, I have no real issues or complaints. I am beta testing iOS 6 (beta 3) and for the most part the changes I was hoping for are in the iOS and not the phone. iPhone 4S will run almost everything the same with the new iOS 6.0 full release.

The new iPhone (5) for lack of a final name, is not that different. OK, we have a few chip changes, faster, more memory, more storage and the Near Field stuff... all cool, but I can live w/o the Near Field for now, not sure if I would be using it anyway.

The killer for me, is the body change and the port change.

I have a LOT invested in cases, docks, charging cables, belt clips, Otter Box, etc.. to be tossing it all away to start over for changes that are not that huge.

So for me, unless I am missing something HUGE I can't justify the upgrade even though my GEEK status almost demands that I make the upgrade.

Only thing at this point that may change my mind is if my wife decides does does want my iPhone 4S I may do the 5 upgrade, or just get her a 4S when everyone dumps theirs to get the iPhoine 5.

So for now... Nope.. (sad to say)
There is no NFC. By the way, there are more improvements than you know in iPhone 5. Other than processor bumps, the speakers are better, the call quality is better, the earphones are better, the screen is better(bigger, greater colour saturation -> the most accurate colour reproduction in the industry, clearer), the touchscreen is actually more responsive. And the design is better, thinner and lighter. I am asking you to buy iPhone 5 or anything, but just wanted to inform you this :) You may consider trying it out before you make your decision. The way iPhone 5 feels in your hand is going to be much better.

CappyGuy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I would love, love, love to update to iPhone 5 but the thing is they will be so expensive. And most people's contract won't be up (including me). Maybe when my contract is up I will consider. I mean the iPhone 5 looks awesome and no doubt about it I want it sk bad. Although I would rather wait until my contract Is ready to be renewed when I can get it a little to much cheaper price.