Latest iPhone 5 leaked images

poiman

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The design is solid. Sure, it's nothing new or flashy, but it'll be great. 4G LTE and NFC payments will make this the best iPhone and best phone available in the market. It'll have more flourishes when it launches. And most people will put it in a case anyways. I know I'll have it in an Otterbox.

LOL
So you think that an iPhone4S with 4G and NFC is enough to make it the best smartphone available in the market nowadays? Looks like someone is not seeing what the competition is doing at the moment. Things have evolved...

Reactions: redbeard

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
iPad 3 was a flop? lol

Well let's see. iPad 1 comes out and it's impossible to get for months. iPad 2 comes out and it's sold out for a month. iPad 3 comes out and there are no people in line during the store opening and you can buy dozens of them right off the shelf at most electronics stores. Yeah I think nobody cared about its release. And just to think that I was worried that I needed to get to the store hours before opening to get in line. Imagine my surprise when I got there and I was the only one there.

Sent from my iPhone -Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is looking a lot better at this point, especially if they load them with Nokia's Pureview camera technology. I've got an AT&T upgrade coming my way, and it just might got to WP.

Reactions: poiman

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the pictures, the sim card slot looks the same size as the current iPhone. I thought there was rumours of it using the Nano sized sim?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the pictures, the sim card slot looks the same size as the current iPhone. I thought there was rumours of it using the Nano sized sim?

I'm sure those will come with the next gen iPhone next year since this would have been in production before the nano sim became the new standard.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well let's see. iPad 1 comes out and it's impossible to get for months. iPad 2 comes out and it's sold out for a month. iPad 3 comes out and there are no people in line during the store opening and you can buy dozens of them right off the shelf at most electronics stores. Yeah I think nobody cared about its release. And just to think that I was worried that I needed to get to the store hours before opening to get in line. Imagine my surprise when I got there and I was the only one there.

Wow. Have you really convinced yourself that this hogwash is true? Nobody cared about the new iPad's release? LMFAO! Get out of here kiddo, you're living on some other planet right now. The new iPad BROKE RECORDS upon release (i'll say it again for clarity's sake...BROKE SALES RECORDS). The first iPad did the same thing, as did the iPad 2.

I still find it hilarious when someone actually feels that any of the Apple products were unsuccessful...if you truly believe this, you're both delusional and shut off from pretty much all legitimate news sources online (pro and anti-Apple).

And to wrap this up before too much time is wasted discussing obvious information with misinformed people like yourself, why are we talking about the iPad? Even if the iPad had been a complete failure from the beginning, the iPhone has proven to be the epitome of success in all facets...it just ices the cake a little more knowing that everything the company has released has found huge success. The new iPhone could literally be a re-boxed 4S with LTE and it will sell like wild fire like it always does.

tesler54

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

I believe Apple was better prep with the supply-line and manufacturers for the IPAD 3 and therefore more was available during launch. But in NY, there was still a huge line and the new ipad was sold out everywhere. I'm not sure if you are serious or a troll by calling IPAD 3 a failure, but IPAD 3 outsold Ipad 2 and 1 combined. And if you actually own one...and seeing the retina display with speed of the graphic processor, you would understand this is by far the best and most successful IPAD...until the next. But this is the forum for the iphone 5, so I will state that I'm not crazy about the similar look to the 4/4s, but I do appreciate the size that still enables me to hold and browse with one hand....so still might end up getting one.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure those will come with the next gen iPhone next year since this would have been in production before the nano sim became the new standard.

Or thanks for that. It was just something I'd read about the nano sim and Apple and thought it was going to be in this year's iPhone.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 is looking a lot better at this point, especially if they load them with Nokia's Pureview camera technology. I've got an AT&T upgrade coming my way, and it just might got to WP.

I'll definitely be checking out WP8 before deciding on my next phone. Even BB10 looks like it could be pretty cool provided RIM survives to release it. It truly is a great time to be a smartphone aficionado.

Reactions: baseballbert

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
To be honest, it's tough to mess it up even if you're making a fake. The new iPhone is NOT going to be a radical change from its predecessor. I can pretty much guarantee that it will be a slate phone with one button... Any mock up that looks like that has a pretty good chance of looking like the real thing when it makes its debut. Well, unless you go all crazy and give it leopard stripes or something, but make it black or white, and you probably won't be far from the mark.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Looks good. Though I too would like a wider screen to go with it being taller. I'll get it of course because its a FREAKING IPHONE!

nokia4life

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I hope apple doesn't go the route of rimm they thought their design same ole shape and device would never fail and it did apple introduced us to a great product but now its the same design just elongated and different material on the back. they need a change in design this design has been with us for two models now the 4 and 4s it shouldn't carry over to a new phone if so offer an upgraded elongated 4s+ and a new design for the iphone 5 or the next iphone please apple don't do a rimm and get to stuck on the same design.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I hope apple doesn't go the route of rimm they thought their design same ole shape and device would never fail and it did apple introduced us to a great product but now its the same design just elongated and different material on the back. they need a change in design this design has been with us for two models now the 4 and 4s it shouldn't carry over to a new phone if so offer an upgraded elongated 4s+ and a new design for the iphone 5 or the next iphone please apple don't do a rimm and get to stuck on the same design.

A change in design? Every manufacturer making a successful smart phone right now is using the same design, with varying degrees of screen size...there's no way Apple is going to make a behemoth iPhone, it's just not going to happen, the elongated screen is your change (as is expected from Apple, who took an unorthodox route and it will prove to be very successful, just watch).

I don't think it's fair to say that RIMM got stuck either, because honestly, they tried pretty much everything they possibly could to stay relevant, they took the favorite devices and made them bigger and refreshed them, they took on the touch screen, they offered a flip phone...if there is one thing about the Blackberry lineup that i can say, it was definitely diverse as far as design goes, and "stuck" isn't something i'd personally label it as. Their issue was the idea that people found the keyboard as a necessity, and only made one poor attempt at changing that line of thinking with the Storm (which was still not quite on the level since it "clicked", giving the impression of a keyboard like input).

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
A change in design? Every manufacturer making a successful smart phone right now is using the same design, with varying degrees of screen size...there's no way Apple is going to make a behemoth iPhone, it's just not going to happen, the elongated screen is your change (as is expected from Apple, who took an unorthodox route and it will prove to be very successful, just watch).

I don't think it's fair to say that RIMM got stuck either, because honestly, they tried pretty much everything they possibly could to stay relevant, they took the favorite devices and made them bigger and refreshed them, they took on the touch screen, they offered a flip phone...if there is one thing about the Blackberry lineup that i can say, it was definitely diverse as far as design goes, and "stuck" isn't something i'd personally label it as. Their issue was the idea that people found the keyboard as a necessity, and only made one poor attempt at changing that line of thinking with the Storm (which was still not quite on the level since it "clicked", giving the impression of a keyboard like input).

But but but remember all these leaks are just hot dogs? Seems you're jumping the gun based off of as you call it nothing credible or "official'

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But but but remember all these leaks are just hot dogs? Seems you're jumping the gun based off of as you call it nothing credible or "official'

No jumping the gun here...the phone might not be elongated at all, it might be a 4S with LTE for all we know. Regardless of actual design though, we're not going to see a change out of the "cookie cutter" type smart phone we have right now...the elongated design seems (SEEMS) like the most likely "change", so speaking to a person expecting major change, this is where they need to set their eyes as far as expectation of change, not a 4.5" screen with some radical chassis redesign.

Slaw dogs.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
given the fact that these images are just leaks and most likely not the finished product. (we all know how secretive Apple remains) I have very mixed feelings on how it looks. I definately dont care for the headphone jack moved to the bottom at all - that just seems @ss backwards to me, especially for someone who uses earbuds - plug in on top, pull your phone up to catch a quick view, slide back into bag/pocket/sleeve, which every you choose. With the jack on the bottom, that would mean pulling your phone out completely from an upside down position, kinda off to me.

the screen being a bit bigger, ok thats not so bad. I don't mind a larger screen TBH, even though i love my 4S just the way it is as well:)

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'd be okay with that design so long as they lose the glass back. Besides being relatively easy to break (not speaking from personal experience), it's a finger print magnet and rather slippery. The first thing I did when I got my iPhone 4/4S was to put a matte skin on the back to protect it, make it look cleaner, and to provide more grip. I'm not really the case/bumper type myself.