Upgrading becomes more meticulous

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Years ago you used to be able to just upgrade at a whim, you just wanted the latest thing and that's it. But now you will have to make a decision, and you will have to make sacrifices.

How many of you will be torn about getting the iPhone with the bigger screen or the iPhone that fits perfectly in your hands? Is anyone willing to keep the iPhone 4S if you don't find the new iPhone to be better?

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Years ago you used to be able to just upgrade at a whim, you just wanted the latest thing and that's it. But now you will have to make a decision, and you will have to make sacrifices.

How many of you will be torn about getting the iPhone with the bigger screen or the iPhone that fits perfectly in your hands? Is anyone willing to keep the iPhone 4S if you don't find the new iPhone to be better?

I have the iPhone 4 .... And yes, if the new one is as ugly as the leaks suggest, I will just keep it. There is nothing about an elongated iPhone that is appealing to me. Like you said, fits perfectly in the hand.

I would like to use NFC to make payments and have fast LTE speeds, but not at the cost of the form factor. It is the single most important part of a smartphone for me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Why i click on your threads i still don't know. Just out of curiosity, when you decide to make a new thread (besides the obvious "Get a higher post count" logic you seem to focus on), do you actually think about what you're saying or do you just slap some random (See: Illogical) thought down?

Star-Trek-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Premium1

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 4 .... And yes, if the new one is as ugly as the leaks suggest, I will just keep it. There is nothing about an elongated iPhone that is appealing to me. Like you said, fits perfectly in the hand.

I would like to use NFC to make payments and have fast LTE speeds, but not at the cost of the form factor. It is the single most important part of a smartphone for me.

I mean, anyone can upgrade to iOS6, that's the core of the phone. The bigger screens are ugly, not gonna lie. LTE I don't care about. I'm thinking that the smaller dock connector so that the headphone jack can go on the bottom is a good idea, but I've already gotten used to it being on top. :(

I've never had to think about if I wanted to upgrade before...

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I mean, anyone can upgrade to iOS6, that's the core of the phone. The bigger screens are ugly, not gonna lie. LTE I don't care about. I'm thinking that the smaller dock connector so that the headphone jack can go on the bottom is a good idea, but I've already gotten used to it being on top. :(

Headphone jack at bottom is a BAD idea. There are thousands of car docks that use aux connection as well as your 30 pin connection to play audio. Hopefully pretty soon 3rd party accessories are made that take care of this problem.

Big screens are ugly... how? Its more of the same that you already have. I personally think 4" is perfectly big enough for a person to use without it being too big in your hands.

When LTE goes mainstream (as it has in my City) you will care about it. $100 bucks that some time before the iPhone 6 releases you will make a post saying "iPhone is just too slow Apple needs to step up their game."

The two-tone design we've been seeing is kinda hideous, but with a case, it wont be that big of a deal.

Anyone can upgrade to iOS 5, but they miss the functionality of many features, like Siri for example. You may not use it at all, but for me, who uses is multiple times daily, it makes my life a whole lot easier when I can simply tell my phone to message someone, or call someone, or to remind me about this, or to wake me up in half an hour, rather to have to manually enter in the data myself. You paid money for the phone, use it how it was suppose to be used.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Why i click on your threads i still don't know. Just out of curiosity, when you decide to make a new thread (besides the obvious "Get a higher post count" logic you seem to focus on), do you actually think about what you're saying or do you just slap some random (See: Illogical) thought down?

Click to view quoted image

You're probably looking for the same reason I am... you just can't help yourself... like passing a horrific accident while driving on the freeway. You know you shouldn't look, but it just kind of sucks you in. SMH

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that the leaked designs of the iPhone 5 are ugly at all. They look really good to me. I would welcome all of the changes and additions to the hardware and software. However, will not be getting the new iPhone 5. I'm not due for an upgrade until next year and by then, the iPhone 5s should be nearing it's launch. The iPhone 4S is such an awesome device that I'm not to concerned about upgrading now anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Headphone jack at bottom is a BAD idea. There are thousands of car docks that use aux connection as well as your 30 pin connection to play audio. Hopefully pretty soon 3rd party accessories are made that take care of this problem.

You have two choices. Buy a new car or continue to use iPhone 4S and below. It's not going anywhere. Manufacturer's should've known that 30 pin connector was never something permanent anyway, just like the upsold accessories their whole business is built around.

Big screens are ugly... how? Its more of the same that you already have. I personally think 4" is perfectly big enough for a person to use without it being too big in your hands.

Every concept photo has been unremarkable. A bigger screen might be better but they have to do it right.

When LTE goes mainstream (as it has in my City) you will care about it

Whenever that happens but right now it's useless as it is.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Upgrading becomes more meticulous?? yeah, in your world

you probably debate exactly how many squares of toilet paper to use to wipe your ass with FFS - sp

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading isn't as simple of a choice as it once was. We'll be torn.

iOS6 isn't touting any new features that are going to require a different phone. So, now we have some leg room.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
We'll never know until we get a small semblance of where Apple is going with the new line.

edit: Oh, and LTE is just an excuse for carriers to make you pay more for service.

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

then stick with the 4s. Who wouldnt want the latest tech especially if it ends up like the mock ups it still will be easily held in one hand hell it was only 10mm increase in size. Another great thread by the one and only motoleo /s

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading isn't as simple of a choice as it once was. We'll be torn.

iOS6 isn't touting any new features that are going to require a different phone. So, now we have some leg room.

No you will be the only one torn. Clearly you haven't read any of the articles saying how the iphone 5 is already having more demand than the 4s did( they did a bunch of surveys) ChangeWave: Apple iPhone 5 'biggest demand yet', Samsung also shines | Computerworld Blogs
Demand for iPhone 5 reported to be "strikingly high" | iMore.com

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It won't end up like the mock ups that's for sure.

It takes too much work to filter through all your muck to find the rest of the threads on this forum...so i'll just say please stop posting.

There aren't many active people on this forum, you forget, you're not missing anything.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR