I'd pay $2,000 for a new iPhone

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charging and 24 hour battery are not possible at this point in time. A bigger screen and NFC won't add anything to the cost. Components go down in price.

Well, I don't know how you would know that but I don't know what else Apple could do to please. I mean it's not revolutionary to make a bigger screen because we've already got phones with bigger screens.

I might actually be a little disappointed if it does have a bigger screen because I think that iPhones are actually the perfect size already.

Last edited:

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Most probably this is the first time, I heard someone asking the company to increase the price of the device, either this guy is insane of he has some logic that is out of reach of common people, I wonder what pushed him to say such a thing?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Most probably this is the first time, I heard someone asking the company to increase the price of the device, either this guy is insane of he has some logic that is out of reach of common people, I wonder what pushed him to say such a thing?

c6e4c9a0-8a8c-6797.jpg

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Apple Won't raise the price period .. The next device could pop out a holographic keyboard and screen and the price would stay the same .. This is not some two bit dumb company that would cripple current and future customers by trying to sneak in a extra 50 bucks or 100 bucks per phone .. .. They are still making massive profit from referb iPad 1 and 2 that sell couple hundred dollars less .. The 3GS is free on contact and they still make a profit from the carrier
Bottom line price will be the same no matter what .. So please tell Siri to find you the closest NA meeting

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Apple should go up on the price of the next iPhone. Now that the iPhone 4S has saturated and can be found in places like Cricket and other low end carriers.

Totally disagree.

To be more competitive, I think Apple should either lower their iPhone price slightly or remain the same.

Personally, there would be NO WAY I would pay ?1,278 (with today's conversion rate from $ to ?) for an iPhone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Peligro: Okay, but then how do you explain MacBook pricing?

From what I can tell I think someone else posted the price has not changed..

The standard configuration MacBooks have not increased in price... still in the $1800-2200 price range. If you throw in the retina display and the SSD, then yes, the price went up... but you can still get the entry level MBP w retina and SSD for $2200... so the bottom line: NO PRICE INCREASE.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Wait. So usually, when Apple sells the iPhone and iPad... the newest version is at the same price point as its always been, and the previous versions get drops, but with MacBooks, the older versions stay the same price and the newest version gets more expensive?

Let me think. The "standard configuration" is also last year's model. So if you got the current model, it would be more expensive than it was at the same time last year.

The price of older models don't matter to me. I just want to know, for iPads, iPhones, and MacBooks, is it a guarantee that you can buy an iPhone at the "standard iPhone price point" every year no matter what?

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Just because iPhones are sold at Walmart, Target, Cricket & other "low end" carriers, as you put it, why would Apple want to raise the price and risk losing customers to Android and Windows Mobile? It amazes me how some people are afraid of the term "low end / low budget" and Apple cashes in on that fear, too. For example, with the exception of storage space, there is absolutely no difference between the iPhone 4S 16, 32 & 64 GB models and yet, there are people out there who will go out of their way to not get the 16 Gig model simply because it is touted as the base / budget model. Having said that, is it your belief that the iPhone has been rendered cheap because it is now sold by "low end" carriers?

Just Me, D
(iPhone 4S)

People would still buy it because of the brand. If Abercrombie & Fitch raised their prices, people would still shop there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Lol are your eyes still watery from all that smoke? I wouldn't even pay a thousand for a new phone, and certainly not an Iphone. Puleeeeze...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wait. So usually, when Apple sells the iPhone and iPad... the newest version is at the same price point as its always been, and the previous versions get drops, but with MacBooks, the older versions stay the same price and the newest version gets more expensive?

Let me think. The "standard configuration" is also last year's model. So if you got the current model, it would be more expensive than it was at the same time last year.

The price of older models don't matter to me. I just want to know, for iPads, iPhones, and MacBooks, is it a guarantee that you can buy an iPhone at the "standard iPhone price point" every year no matter what?

Standard configuration is NOT last year's model. There are processor speed increases, memory speed increases and USB 3. And it's still the same $2200 price...

By "standard configuration" all I meant was the NON-RETINA model. And you can get the lowest-spec'ed RETINA model for the same $2200 price... so pure and simple, you were wrong.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro