IP 4S or wait?

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am due for an upgrade in April. I currently have vzw iP4. My wife has the s and it's cool, but the only difference is Siri. I thought I would love her, but after playing with her phone for a while, it isn't that big of a deal to me.

Should I just wait for iP5?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If you don't need a new phone keep the 4 and wait and see what turns up about the next iphone. The 4s has a better processor and will most likely hold up a little better with certain games and yes siri.

ajonesma

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I would say wait, although I love my 4S, I think the new iPhone (since the called iPad 3 the new iPad) will be completely new and hopefully LTE

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is not till October but I also have the iPhone 4 and plan on waiting till the new iPhone comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the iP4 and have an upgrade available now I can transfer and have an upgrade on my line 12/02/12...I'm waiting because the new iPhone is going to drop sometime in that time frame.

I've waited out the 4S this long...I want the next iPhone.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone who suggests waiting for the new released iPhone this year. The 4s is a good device but will be obsolete soon. Also, having LTE will introduce you to a whole new world of opportunities.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'd have to say wait too.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree with everyone who suggests waiting for the new released iPhone this year. The 4s is a good device but will be obsolete soon. Also, having LTE will introduce you to a whole new world of opportunities.

I would not agree with it being obsolete, considering there are several generations of IPhones that are out there and still funtioaning very well. I do agree about waiting though. I have the 4 and will be upgrading to the new one for the LTE feature.

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would not agree with it being obsolete, considering there are several generations of IPhones that are out there and still funtioaning very well. I do agree about waiting though. I have the 4 and will be upgrading to the new one for the LTE feature.

From a technology perspective it will be. From a functional perspective it will be fine.

Now fast forward a year then, another year and the 4s specs and previous devices will definitely become technology challenged. They will not house LTE, they will have a dated processor and I am sure other future features. Look at Siri alone, it's not compatible with devices older than the 4s.

I believe the next iPhone release will be better geared for the future. That is all I was getting at. If the advances in technology aren't your thing then, those folks will be fine with the devices of today.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
From a technology perspective it will be. From a functional perspective it will be fine.

Now fast forward a year then, another year and the 4s specs and previous devices will definitely become technology challenged. They will not house LTE, they will have a dated processor and I am sure other future features. Look at Siri alone, it's not compatible with devices older than the 4s.

I believe the next iPhone release will be better geared for the future. That is all I was getting at. If the advances in technology aren't your thing then, those folks will be fine with the devices of today.

Not completely true...Apple used Siri as a selling point for the 4S...you could run it on a 4, Apple just did not want that.

Other than that I'm in agreement.

Reactions: Skele and Adawg1203

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Siri was an app in the market for other devices before apple bought it and put fancy marketing saying it was revolutionary and took it off the market to give incentive to upgrade...

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
If Siri isn't a bid deal to you then definetly wait. I would say wait anyways as there's not much of a difference between the 4 and the 4S

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I am due for an upgrade at the end of this month and I have decided to wait and see what happens later this year. I don't want to go and get the 4s and then a couple months later the new iPhone comes out.

jamesedward318

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am going to go against the grain and say get a sure thing. I had a 4 and all my friends were rocking out with the 4S so I made that move. Was it peer pressure? Not at all. My thinking is that Apple did just release their newest iPad with the LTE chipset which would indicate that their newest iPhone would have it as well. I however think that the iPad not being redesigned was a feeler of some sort for Apple and their leap into 4G. Why would Apple release a newly designed model iPad taking a gamble on a network that they are not for sure of? Again this is all just MY opinion and notions. I would be willing to bet that Apple doesn't release an iPhone this year since the 4S just reached China and other carriers and countries after being on back order. Again...just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW