What wil take to get you to upgrade?

What will it take in order for you to upgrade?

• Total voters

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Has to be released before the Lumia 900.

Not happening. The 900 (which I am also strongly considering getting) is all but confirmed for March 18th at $99. If it had a higher resolution screen it would be my next phone. It has EVERYTHING else I want from my next phone.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Bigger screen, hopefully 4"..
LED notification light

That's it. I'm sure it will see the usual upgrades as well, processor (A6), camera, etc.. Hopefully a gig of ram too.

Reactions: Eileen89

Freiteez

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It has to be a huge change for me. Getting the 4S on release date and then jus getting an iPad 2 I can't see myself getting the new iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's not the screen and it's not LTE, then what would you consider "WOW! factor"? Maybe the donut maker that somebody suggested? :)

My EVO 4G had a 4.3 inch display and I was in an area with great 4G speeds so if the next iPhone had a bigger screen as well as LTE, it would be okay but for me, been there done that. Know what I mean?

Just Me, D

abdnach

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I am an Android faithful so far but still like Apple's products. I LOVE their hardware (ESPECIALLY the Iphone 4S CAMERA!!) but not the biggest fan of their locked down software (but I'm starting to ignore that).

I currently have an Evo 3D on sprint and can upgrade anytime this year but I'm holding off to see what's new. The things that will almost CERTAINLY push me over to the Apple side of things and make me run out to get an Iphone 5 are:
  1. Sprint LTE
  2. Better or as nice of a camera as the 4S (I am a photographer and the best camera is the one I can carry wherever I go and currently, my HTC's cameras SUCK)
  3. Quad-core (or 5 cores like the Tegra 3)
  4. Bigger Screen (at least 4.3 inches)
  5. Keep it an international phone
  6. 1gb or more ram

Give me these features in a beautiful Apple designed hardware and I will be first in inline to get that phone upon it's release!! :cool:

I'm not too demanding... right? :D

P.S. If the phone can end war and end worldwide hunger then you can count me in for 5!!

Last edited:

CavemanOOGA

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
More than likely nothing. If a new device comes out, especially by Apple, my gadget nerd ADD will kick in no matter what and I will want it right off the bat.

All sad alleged jokes aside, I'm fine with my current 4S. The ONLY few things I would gladly welcome, but are definitely not needed, are more RAM and possibly a slightly larger screen.

LTE is absolutely not needed for me, quad core processor is not needed at all...

All in all, not much needs to be upgraded, in my opinion.

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
After coming over from Android, where the ridiculously bigger screens are just becoming way too much, I don't want to see the 5 change. However, I feel the screen could be made larger without the size of the phone increasing, by taking advantage of some of the buffer space near the home key and speaker.
What iPhone really needs to drag Android users over (which, after all, is what Apple's intent should be to increase profits) is to have integrated map and nav like Android offers with Google Maps and their standalone nav interface. If my iPhone could use Siri to locate an address or POI, then I could direct her to navigate me there, allowing Maps to open and offer turn by turn voice directions, this phone would be unbeatable. I hemmed and hawed for a long time before making the switch, but finally did it out of sheer enjoyment for the Apple product quality itself. I still cringe when I am out and about and need to navigate somewhere having to rely on my free apps like Waze to get me there. The maps are usually not current, and the navigation is less than accurate most of the time. I resort to the included map nav, which has no turn by turn voice, which makes it a bit risky to look at and drive.
I'd say this would be a huge selling point. My phone is plenty fast already, and it works flawlessly. I could care less about processors and all that other stuff. Gimme the convenience!

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Me? Time for a new iPhone, as my 4 would be the longest i've used a phone EVER (i used to buy new BB's like, every 3-5 mos). But Verizon LTE, Better camera, and new design.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the next iPhone will be what we expected LAST year - larger screen, 4G-LTE, refreshed form factor, etc. I was really, really disappointed when the 4S was launched instead - not enough goodness to be worth an upgrade/new contract, so I stayed with my iPhone4.

I figure the next iPhone will definitely have 4G because Vz recently announced it was mandatory for all new smartphones using Vz. So, the screen factor is probably the most important to me. The 4 and 4S screens are beautiful - BUT way behind the competition's. I also look forward to an improved camera - even to the level of the 4S. However, I'm planning on an upgrade, just because it's time.

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
What would it take me to upgrade? An early upgrade offer from AT&T. I had one for the iPhone 4 launch but wanted a white phone so I just held out for the 4S.

If AT&T offers me another early upgrade, I'll hop on it. If I have to pay full price, it'd take some serious specs, redesign, and upgraded iOS and knowing I could sell my 4S.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
This is something a lot of people who've migrated over from BB usually are asking for. Sadly, I do not think you'll ever see it on a iOS device.

Dumb, I might have to find an Android device for work then, I need a smartphone that has a notification light, no way will I buy another expensive phone and sign another 2 year contract for a phone without one. Makes a lot of sense for people that need their phones for work, not everybody just plays video games and uses Facebook all day on them.

Now that has me wondering what would be a good Android phone to buy that has one? Has to be on Sprint..

When I think about how rigid Apple is with the iPhone and iOS, doesn't that go against Apple's core principle's? They won't add useful things such as a notification light because of some new thinking that change is bad?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2