A bigger iPhone

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person who dreads the day the iPhone gets bigger? I love the size of this, but I feel like apple is getting pressure to make it bigger by people who for some reason want a bigger screen. I would be content if the iPhone stayed with the same design as the 4 and 4s forever – weight, size, everything. If I could, I would go to Apple and beg them to stop what ever plans they have to ruin this already great design

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=41.102948,-74.046324
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I welcome the phone getting a tab bit bigger. Past rumors have pointed at a 4 inch screen which in all honestly would be the perfect size, for me at least. From speaking to Cupertino employees I can tell you most of them pretty much agree that the current size is perfect and if you want a bigger screen that "that's what an iPad is for." ;)

kebema

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
I certainly can agree. I really don't want the iPhone's size to get much bigger than what it already is. I believe that the current size is perfect. I came from a big screened phone and, in my opinion, it just wasn't very practical for everyday extended use. I could barely get my hand around it. But the iPhone is just right for me. Just one of the reasons I switched.

Reactions: DannyMichel

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
A little bigger would be ok with me. If they can get a 3.7" or 4" screen into a body not much larger than the current model that would be ideal. Anything bigger than 4" though and IMO it's just too big to use comfortably.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
A little bigger would be ok with me. If they can get a 3.7" or 4" screen into a body not much larger than the current model that would be ideal. Anything bigger than 4" though and IMO it's just too big to use comfortably.

I'd have to agree with with...maybe 3.7" or 4" at the absolute maximum...I am pretty happy with the size currently but a tad bit bigger wouldn't be a bad thing...but no 4.65" screen.

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would think a 4 inch would be just fine. But I would not want something bigger than that.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm with you, like it the way it is. Have a bigger Android and don't like it.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My aunt has the fascinate and she looks ridiculous with it. I love iPhone they size it is.

A buddy of mine got the Galaxy Nexus last week. He no longer can carry his phone in his pants pockets because he already wears his jeans/pants fairly tight for a guy and the phone is so big it simply does not fit or looks ridiculous crammed into one of the front pockets.

It's an awesome device for sure but it's comically large IMO. If they had the exact same thing with a 4" screen I would probably have one of those right now.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Most of the time when I comment on the iPhone's size, it's only when I'm browsing a full webpage. The iPhone's screen is the perfect size.

I saw someone bring one of those Android phones to work and I just had to touch it. It was so huge.

JRDroid

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

I think that means that Apple doesn't show its cards till it is ready to. He didn't say no just as much as he didn't say yes.

I for one think 4" is the perfect size. I have had devices ranging from 3.5" (current iPhone) all the way to 4.7" (HTC Titan) with several stops between (3.7", 3.8", 4", 4.3"). I honestly think the 4" is the best. It is just as one hand usable for me as the iPhone is, but gives you a lot of extra viewing space on the screen. At 4.3" it starts to become tricky to use one handed for me, as I have fairly small hands, but it is still very doable. 4.7" was impossible to use with one hand for me. I almost always had to use two hands on the Titan. Some very simple things (like unlock to check weather) I could do one handed, but beyond that it was a two hand affair. I loved my Titan and love Windows Phone OS, but there is no quality hardware at the size I want. Samsung (who's phones feel like toys) are the only ones making 4-4.3" phones on ATT and I refuse to use them. HTC has the Titan and that is too big.

glercara

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person who dreads the day the iPhone gets bigger? I love the size of this, but I feel like apple is getting pressure to make it bigger by people who for some reason want a bigger screen. I would be content if the iPhone stayed with the same design as the 4 and 4s forever – weight, size, everything. If I could, I would go to Apple and beg them to stop what ever plans they have to ruin this already great design

---
I am here: Google Maps
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigger phone = bigger battery and there would be nothing wrong with that!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I think that it really depends on the size of your hands. The iPhone4 always felt kind of small in my hand, but the HTC Vivid, with a 4.5 screen, and the Samsung Skyrocket, also with the 4.5 screen, feel just about right.:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think that it really depends on the size of your hands. The iPhone4 always felt kind of small in my hand, but the HTC Vivid, with a 4.5 screen, and the Samsung Skyrocket, also with the 4.5 screen, feel just about right.:)

I agree completely.

Just Me, D

Reactions: anon(631531)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro