Buy iPhone 4S retail, or hold for iPhone 5

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I was comparing technologies... I can get a computer with 8 gb of ram a i7 quad core processor high end video card for 750

how is a phone that does a quarter of what that machine does worth 850
?

Because it fits in your pocket and is always with you.

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I get the sneaky feeling that Apple set us all up quite nicely. By letting rumors leak about the great iPhone 5 BEFORE releasing the 4s, they've got people buzzing and having conversations about something that will probably be almost another year before being released. Talk about creating a market well in advance.. and being able to compete with the LTE without having actually release it in the 4s. Talk about being fricken brilliant!!!! :cool:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm already regretting buying the 4s.
i really want that 5 when it comes out.
Unless there are no camera and processor improvements.
if they maker it bigger, i won't be buying it

darktanone

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't over think this! Get the subsidized iPhone 4S and be done with it! Next year sell it and use the cash to get the latest model. Repeat this every time a new model comes out and you'll always have the latest iPhone. I sell mine on*Craigslist every year. There's nothing to think about and no guilt. I just do it!*In this way, you pay for it initially and it pays for itself thereafter. This also liberates your mind from the worries and indecision about upgrading. That argument becomes*moot.*

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 32 gb and my upgrade is due 12/02/12. However, I have an upgrade on my line I could probably transfer on 02/18/12 if I cannot hold out on the 4S.

Not really sure what to do. If an iPhone 5 does come out in 2012 I could catch it on my December upgrade after its been out or not use thy February upgrade and catch it upon release.

Decisions...decisions.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Don't over think this! Get the subsidized iPhone 4S and be done with it! Next year sell it and use the cash to get the latest model. Repeat this every time a new model comes out and you'll always have the latest iPhone. I sell mine on*Craigslist every year. There's nothing to think about and no guilt. I just do it!*In this way, you pay for it initially and it pays for itself thereafter. This also liberates your mind from the worries and indecision about upgrading. That argument becomes*moot.*

Who's gonna buy my old 4S for the price of what an outright 5 will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if Apple will work out a deal with carriers to let people upgrade early like they did with AT&T and the iPhone 3G to the 3GS, or 3GS to the 4. I don't remember which one it was I just remember seeing this on a Apple keynote......

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if Apple will work out a deal with carriers to let people upgrade early like they did with AT&T and the iPhone 3G to the 3GS, or 3GS to the 4. I don't remember which one it was I just remember seeing this on a Apple keynote......

I don't think they will. I know that this year, AT&T didn't let people upgrade early like they did in prior years. Also Verizon used to let primary line upgrade every year, but discontinued the program right before the iPhone came out. I believe sprint did the same thing. Luckily iPhones old value pretty well do you can sell it, to help offset the cost of retail cost. Or you can do what I do...have everyone on your account give you their upgrades.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they will. I know that this year, AT&T didn't let people upgrade early like they did in prior years. Also Verizon used to let primary line upgrade every year, but discontinued the program right before the iPhone came out. I believe sprint did the same thing. Luckily iPhones old value pretty well do you can sell it, to help offset the cost of retail cost. Or you can do what I do...have everyone on your account give you their upgrades.

That's how I'm getting my 4S in Feb.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
That's how I'm getting my 4S in Feb.

That's how I always have the newest phones. ;) my wife is happy as long as I get her a good phone. She's happy with her iPhone 4 now, and my mother in law still uses a razr v3m.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Who's gonna buy my old 4S for the price of what an outright 5 will cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A no contract iphone on ebay/craigslist will always sell for the price of the subsidized next iphone model. I got my iphone 4 in June 2010 after selling my no contract iphone 3G 16gb (bought in 2008) for $250. I only put $75 of new money towards the iphone 4 in June 2010. Last month, I sold my 32gb iphone 4 for $375 and only had to pay $75 for a 64gb iphone 4s afterwards. Next year's iphone 5 might be more challenging because I don't qualify for an upgrade until 2013.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not eligible to upgrade to full discount till Feb/2013. Looks like I'm saving up to buy retail, unless Verizon offers some promotion to early upgrade when the i5 comes out... :(

speed4tu

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I had a 4 and gave it to a friend to use his upgrade. Have the 4S now and there isn't really that much difference in the two other than I have a white one now. My old 4 was black. No way I would pay 850 bucks for it.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I'd only upgrade if you were getting a discount...wait for the i5, it won't be that much longer...or will it!

Ditto!
It would be great to have Apple insider news so that we could all plan(budgetwise) for future Apple iOS devices releases.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods