Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

Default What else do we know about the iphone 5?

It will be released in 2012, and will release simultaneously on Verizon/Att. Anything else?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

You sure its going to be released in 2012?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,977 Global Posts

Fall is still 2011
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts

Oh, ok. I thought I read that it would be next year. Did they announce 2011 at wwdc for the release of the iphone 5?
    iPhone Newbie

I didn't heard anything about to that Apple going to launch iphone 5 if that thing is happening then its great
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Here we go, another rumor mill! All these speculations! I think it makes perfect sense to release it in fall when iOS 5 is released! Have no way of knowing that for sure. Either way I'm sure it'll be awesome and I'll definitely be getting one when it releases!
    iPhone Elite

Global Posts
    2,485 Global Posts

Sorry to all you iPad 2 owners, but I actually hope they release a new iPad in fall, too. Then they can have just one, streamlined iOS event every fall. All the iPods, the iPhone, and the iPad. The rest of the year they can use for their other stuff.

That way the hardware for the iPad and iPhone will be more similar.
    iPhone Intermediate

Spacing it out increases sales. If the iPhone and the iPad came out simultaneously people would probably buy one or the other. Space them out and release one at a time and impulsive buying takes place. it's how I ended up with an iPad. Lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,181 Global Posts

What do we know about the iPhone 5? That it will have iOS 5. Everything else is just a guess at this point.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,862 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oNly1pHone View Post
    I think it makes perfect sense to release it in fall when iOS 5 is released! Have no way of knowing that for sure. Either way I'm sure it'll be awesome and I'll definitely be getting one when it releases!
    Sure you do. A company like Apple doesn't put all that work into iOS 5 and not use it to promote new hardware. This isn't rocket science.

The only question is if it'll be a redesign or an iphone 4S like update.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

I agree with boomhower we know for sureabsoulute sure that its coming out and it will have an 8MP back camera says the sony probablyit will have IOS 5 it will only be 3g-3gs upgrade with a tweaked attenna a better camera and a slight design improvment but (like the 3g-3gs) will have the big upgrades on the inside with an A5 chip and hardware upgrade to cope with IOS 5 basically like the ipad 2 will have small changes that make a big difference to user experience faster stronger etc.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,565 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felface View Post
    I agree with boomhower we know for sureabsoulute sure that its coming out and it will have an 8MP back camera says the sony probablyit will have IOS 5 it will only be 3g-3gs upgrade with a tweaked attenna a better camera and a slight design improvment but (like the 3g-3gs) will have the big upgrades on the inside with an A5 chip and hardware upgrade to cope with IOS 5 basically like the ipad 2 will have small changes that make a big difference to user experience faster stronger etc.
    I agree with this statement. I believe it's a refresh of the 4 and a redesign will be next year.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felface View Post
    We don't KNOW that it will have an 8MP camera - that's just a rumor... and ther are conflicting reports that it will have the same 5MP rear-facing camera as the iPhone4 currently has.

All we know with 100% certainty is that it won't be out in June. Everything else is just rumor and/or speculation.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

hope it is a redesign !!!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts

I hope we get and iPad 3 and iPhone 5 in sept (or earlier)

Also I hope they decide to go with the super a6 chip to stay ahead of the curve.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macjacky11 View Post
    hope it is a redesign !!!
    feel the same here.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I hope there will be a redesign unlike update like iphone 4S. The reason is people are expecting few changes in hardware also, So Apple will make an upgrade to the current device I guess.
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

These kinds of threads are moot and useless because nobody KNOWS anything about the phone because nothing has been officially announced concerning it yet...the little trickle of details that have come out have all been speculative at best. Apple will announce the new phone, and we'll get a slew of information about the up coming iPhone 4 replacement...and then we can start talking about what we "know".

Until then, we might as well throw darts at a board covered with things we HOPE are on it and name them, because that activity would present just as much legitimacy as these threads do at this point in the game.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    These kinds of threads are moot and useless because nobody KNOWS anything about the phone because nothing has been officially announced concerning it yet...the little trickle of details that have come out have all been speculative at best. Apple will announce the new phone, and we'll get a slew of information about the up coming iPhone 4 replacement...and then we can start talking about what we "know".

Until then, we might as well throw darts at a board covered with things we HOPE are on it and name them, because that activity would present just as much legitimacy as these threads do at this point in the game.
    Aint it funny? I said the same thing 3 weeks ago. Nothing known, except no June release. But somehow people "know" all about it...
    Banned

Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

I understand the entertainment value of what is essentially discussing it as a sort of "wish list" type deal, like when people discuss what they would do with a million bucks or whatever the scenario...but it's getting a little silly seeing the threads popping up asking what is "known", especially since like we said before, Apple hasn't even officially said there IS an iPhone 5, much less given any details about any piece of it.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ek9max View Post
    I hope we get and iPad 3 and iPhone 5 in sept (or earlier)
    Me too can't wait but I think the iPhone will come before the iPad.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts

What about screen size is it still rumored to be 4 inches? I haven't heard anything recently. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    What do we know about the iPhone 5? That it will have iOS 5. Everything else is just a guess at this point.
    You took the words out of my mouth, we don't even know if it will be called an iPhone5. I'm sure there will be a redesign....or not....there will be more storage...128 GB...or not....it will be 4G...or not....it will come out in 2012...or not.... you get the picture, all we know right now is eventually there will be a "next generation iPhone" nd it will be badder *** than the previous one!