iphone 5 - Expectations?

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the next phone being a 5....probably a 4S with an A5 chip and perhaps a better camera. I think most of the enhancements will be in the OS.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
im looking for a 64GB iphone. Hopefully they give us the 32GB and 64GB options for the prices of the 16GB and 32GB models and do away with the 16GB.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The outer appearance is probably going to be really similar. The new iPhone is probably going to be an iPhone 4.5 or something else, just like they did with the 3G / 3GS lines.

There is going to be a speed upgrade with the processor, but everything else will be virtually the same with minor upgrades.

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
there is really nothing wrong with the iphone 4, its still much better then most of the android and blackberry smartphones out and coming out. even if they dont release anything til next summer I still think iPhone will have most of the market share.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just really want a 64GB model. Thats the most important thing I care about. I hope it happens

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hardware: lighter would be nice although i am happy as is, better camera, the a4 is good but I'll take the a5 :)
Software: better voice intergation, maps, notifications just like everyone else

I can also see apple doing an 8gb iPhone to get that low cost entry they have been looking for opposed to dropping the previous gen to 8gb.

thebeags

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5 - Expectations?

With the news coming out today of iOS 5 being announced next week, to include a revamped notification system, as well as the addition of widgets; what are everyones thoughts, expectations, etc?

I am looking forward to a new notification system, would love to have a dedicated screen for notifications or have them show on the top bar, as well as notifications on lockscreen (without jailbreaking).

Indifferent on the widgets...it all depends on how the blend into the current OS that is on the iPhone. Would hate to see the simplicity of the iPhone screen become jumbled and a mess.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I expect some to appreciate the revamped notifications/widgets (which is still rumor and not guaranteed to be announced), and some be disappointed in it because it wasn't tailored to how they want it to be done.

Then there will be some who call it a blatent rip-off of X competitor. As for me, I don't really care either way. The current system works fine for me since I keep alerts and notifications to a bare minimum. I don't ever see a need for widgets. I don't have a need to know about stock prices, sports scores, weather, or whatever else widgets may bring.

Last edited:
Reactions: anon4705295

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with Ghostface XD Though I am really looking forward to the notifications system as well - even if it's not what I've grown used to with my JB apps, I always prefer stock, so if it functions, I'll be super happy. I dunno what to think about widgets - I hate them on Android. Hopefully Apple takes a different approach.

Either way, I look forward to seeing what Apple has planned!

pizzafootbal

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Notifi-freakin-cations! I think Apple basically has to update this, or they could be pretty screwed. iOS 5 should also have some new eye candy, look better, and have iCloud

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Notifications definitely need to be revamped and if they do widgets similar to how HTC Sense does then I will be extremely pleased. I think iOS 5 should be a pretty aggressive revamp, but then again that could alienate some of the userbase.

Reactions: LifewareSolutions

brittanyh

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I expect some to appreciate the revamped notifications/widgets (which is still rumor and not guaranteed to be announced), and some be disappointed in it because it wasn't tailored to how they want it to be done.

Then there will be some who call it a blatent rip-off of X competitor. As for me, I don't really care either way. The current system works fine for me since I keep alerts and notifications to a bare minimum. I don't ever see a need for widgets. I don't have a need to know about stock prices, sports scores, weather, or whatever else widgets may bring.

I completely agree with this!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if i had to choose ONE thing it would have to be the ability to compose/reply SMS from anywhere on the device (like biteSMS)

i am a huge texter (spelling??) everything else i can eventually deal with

Reactions: LifewareSolutions

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
i dont think Steve will ever allow widgets on his iphone. he hates them. I hate them too, they kill the crap out of my battery life, atleast when I had the evo it did.

ronclone

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well i guess notifications will be improved, not android like since they would have to pay google ip money...
I would love a better multitasking though...

But What i really want to know is: what devices will be getting it? I fear the 1gen ipad will be getting axed...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen