iphone 5 - Expectations?

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure we won't see flash. Apple has been adamant about not supporting it on iOS, and they've worked around the issue with HTML5.

Singlestick

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any particular expectations. I just look forward to seeing what the presentation is all about, and then evaluating how the new changes might benefit my use of the iPad.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I expect to see a better notification system and improved multitasking.

I hope to see phoobooth, app store improvements like a que of some sort and improved folders (infinifolders, anyone?)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No one wants to some implementation of bridging so that you could Bluetooth tether to your iPad for free w/o jailbreaking? That's something that I wish we could get and not necessarily expect.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure about the larger screen but I can see the A5 chip being in the new iphone

Larger screen devices are starting to become very popular especially for those of us with fat fingers. I left my iPhone for android for a couple months. I miss the large screen devices, however in the end the iPhones battery life and stability brought me back. I trust that only apple could produce a larger screen device with exceptional battery life.

Chris102192

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Widgets and Larger screen

I dont know If i would like to see widgets on the iPhone.... simply because the screen isnt large enough....

I can see them throwing widgets on the iPad though.
but whatever, EVERYONE here knows that no matter what Apple does with the next gen iPhone, YOU Will buy it either way! lol

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I just want to see everything redesigned as a whole.. I want a game-changer, something new and innovating. Yeah, I expect a lot :D

doublebullout

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Notifications need to (1) appear on the screen somewhere but not interfere with the app currently in use, and (2) have a "history list" of some sort so that you can see notifications that have not been dismissed. I don't care too much what it looks like or where they appear as long as (1) and (2) are met.

Live tiles or widgets would be great, but when it gets right down to fundamentals what I need is to be able to see my next appointment and undismissed notifications on the lockscreen. Pull out the phone, push the Home button, and see where I need to be next and if I've missed anything. That's pretty much it, Steve. This should be really simple, and there's no reason at all why it should impact battery life.

Give me those features, and I no longer need to jailbreak. And Steve -- hurry it up. Because WP7 is starting to look really appealing.

Sent from my greenpois0ned iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Two things I hope to see, one probable, one not so much... Improved notifications and a theme store (without having to jailbreak). I think people would pay for good themes, I know I'd pay $10-15 (with Apple taking their usual 30% cut).

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Oh yeah, I also want some way to save our saved games (which I guess falls into the public file system access).

Genius: Restore your phone, but don't restore from backup.

Me: Well I have a lot of work completed in many games (I actually really did have every single labryinth level beat at one time) and it took a long time.

Genius: Well your backup may be corrupted and it's best to start fresh. If you're good, you'll get back up to where you were in no time.

Me: Whatever dude. It'd be nice if Apple had some way to backup saved games.

Genius: Next in line!

parampreet

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
My expectations from iPhone 5:
1 GHz+ dual core A5 CPU
3.7"/4" retina display
32/64 GB storage options
8 MP camera with 1080p video recording

My expectations from iOS 5:
Better notifications system
Better multitasking
Support for widgets
OTA updates
Like Android, the ability to switch keyboards on the fly

Singlestick

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I expect to see a better notification system and improved multitasking.

I hope to see phoobooth, app store improvements like a que of some sort and improved folders (infinifolders, anyone?)

Jobs doesn't seem to think that a file system on the iPhone itself is that important. Users may have to exploit some iCloud feature if they want a robust file system.

One thing that I would really like to see is support for both Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 on iPhones and iPads. While cutting the cord to PCs is fine, there are times when you might want a fast connection. This is more important to me than stuff like retina display on the iPad. Increased storage capacity on iPhones and iPads would also be good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal