Wait for iPhone 5 or get iPhone 4 Now

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
wait for the 6

I would say this as well. Possibly even wait for the 7 as the rumors say it's gonna be 6G which is better than both 4G and 3G (Apple plans to skip right over 5G). Don't waste your money now when eventually some day a new version will be out.

Vorpal279

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm more than content with my iPhone 4. It does everything I need it to do. I'm not sure what features will be added to the iPhone 5. The only thing I can think that will make it more desirable for me, is more customization.

Last edited:

Vaman49

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I made the jump to the iP4 from BB. I thought about it and decided to make the move now and not wait any longer. I figured I could always sell my iP4 a lot easier than I could anything else if I changed my mind. Even if the iP5 comes out the iP4 will still have value.

lmac4cy

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
IMO get the 4 now. If you really want the iPhone there is no sense in waiting. I don't see them making a huge difference from the 4 to 5, but they will wait till next year, 2012, when all of us Verizon users are eligible for upgrade.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I too was going to wait for the I5 but I think I am going to drop money for the 4 in a few weeks. I am on my 3GS and upgrade to the 4 would be just nice for me until the 5 comes out.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you what to do, but I didn't wait. I have had my iPhone 4 for 1 week now and I am extremely happy with it. I came over from a Droid and I am not looking back. When I bought last week the rumor was that iPhone 5 would be out in the fall. Now they are saying beginning of 2012 so I am even more happy with my decision. What you do is ultimately up to you though...

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
When you're ready to switch, switch. Otherwise, you'll be waiting forever because new phones are always coming out. My wife and I switched from our BB Storm2s and are like the other person above who said they're never looking back. The iPhone4 is that good!

cellphonejedi

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I would say this as well. Possibly even wait for the 7 as the rumors say it's gonna be 6G which is better than both 4G and 3G (Apple plans to skip right over 5G). Don't waste your money now when eventually some day a new version will be out.

Wait for the iphone 8. Its the size of a contact lens. Just slide it over your eye...there you have it. A true retina display!!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
The iPhone 4 is a mature device; it does not disappoint. It does not support 4G.

The iPhone 5 may not support 4G. There was a rumor this week that the iPhone 5 might not come out until late in 2011. That might be about 4G; the iPhone 5 is more likely to support 4G late than early.

I have an iPhone 4. I cannot imagine buying an iPhone 5 that does not support 4G. Apple more often surprises me pleasantly than otherwise but I cannot imagine an iPhone 5 without 4G that is a big improvement over the iPhone 4.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 4 is a mature device; it does not disappoint. It does not support 4G.

The iPhone 5 may not support 4G. There was a rumor this week that the iPhone 5 might not come out until late in 2011. That might be about 4G; the iPhone 5 is more likely to support 4G late than early.

I have an iPhone 4. I cannot imagine buying an iPhone 5 that does not support 4G. Apple more often surprises me pleasantly than otherwise but I cannot imagine an iPhone 5 without 4G that is a big improvement over the iPhone 4.

I would agree that the iPhone5 should support 4G in order to keep paces with the Android phones. Also, this is another reason among several others that I'm led to believe that it won't be released until later this year. If you're willing to wait for it whether it lands this year or next, that's for you to decide whether it is worth the wait. The iPhone4 works well enough that if you get it now, I don't think you'll be too disappointed that you didn't wait. I feel it is the best device on the market, now. Down the road, there will always be better products. With tech stuff, you have to look at what's best out at the time of purchase because it'll be outdated within 6 months.

jim1969

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd be happy if the iPhone 5 had a 4" screen and world capabilities (I'm on Verizon). The only reason I didn't get the iPhone 4 was because I felt the screen was a little small for me and no global capability. LTE isn't important to me.

Hail Caesar

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
get iphone 4 now, then 6 when that one comes out next year. i dont really think that there will be that much of a jump in performance from 4 to 5. iphone 4 is a beast.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I got my iPhone 4 a month ago or so and I'm extremely pleased with it. People were buying 3GS's after the iPhone 4 came out last year, they are also very pleased. iPhone 4 is the best smartphone you can get right now.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
my current phone sucks. i don't have an iphone now. Come june i'm going to buy a new phone. Iphone or something. i've waited like two years. i'm not waiting longer. If it's out great if not. i'll probably get a 4 and just be mad if a 5 comes out months later.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh, wait for iPhone 7, iPhone 8?! guys, you are kidding!

To the Op, now some news read that there won't be an iPhone 5 this year, I think if you are not in patience, get the iPhone 4, it's a super Phone~

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice