iPhone 5 Already Manufactured ?

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
On TUAW , they have a article speaking about the one year anniversary of the iPad announcement. Someone in the comments brought to everyone's attention that the iPhone 4 was laying right on too of the original iPad.

Since the 4 was already put together , presumably a test unit, by this day one year ago does this mean the 5 is already in the wild ?

Can we begin to expect to see the 5 sooner than later ?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
On TUAW , they have a article speaking about the one year anniversary of the iPad announcement. Someone in the comments brought to everyone's attention that the iPhone 4 was laying right on too of the original iPad.

Since the 4 was already put together , presumably a test unit, by this day one year ago does this mean the 5 is already in the wild ?

Can we begin to expect to see the 5 sooner than later ?

Im sure, if the "iphone 5" is an actual handset, that there are test units or prototypes already out there somewhere...that's the thing about presuming, it's simply speculation, so speculate away! lol...

I see no reason why this would mean the new iPhone model would hit the public sooner in any facet, MacWorld is pretty much a bust now that Apple pulled out of that, and WWDC is in the summer so i doubt either of those will yield us the "first" news of the new iPhone...but there are alot of rumors around the release of the iPad 2 and news about that, expected around the time of the Verizon iphone on Feb 10th...again, speculation, but that's the most legit rumor at this time.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple is likely a full product cycle ahead in testing (just a guess from me.) ... So I would say that it is reasonable to think that they have a functioning test version of iPhone 5 in the wild. I am confident that we will see iPhone 5 (or whatever they decide to call it.) released this summer, the bigger question will be for those Verizon folks, would it be worth waiting for the new handset? ... I can't see Verizon allowing early upgrades for 4 month old iPhone accounts. Really interested though in iPhone 5, I wonder what apple has up it's sleeve.

Gee-Air-Mo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 5?

I have to agree with the earlier post. I believe that Apple has already begun testing the next device already as we will probably see it this Summer or early fall.

ggong5150

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I heard they were already testing Iphone 5 on the Apple campus. Can't remember where I read it but it is a highly guarded secret because of the issue they had with the Iphone 4 prototype being left in a bar restroom.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iPhones are designed 12-18 months before release. The iPhone 4 was designed 18 months before. Last we heard, the next gen was in testing on campus with the upper execs or something like that of Apple

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Apple almost certainly has been testing iPhone 5 protypes for months at their campus if not even before the iPhone 4 was released. How early was it that Gizmodo got their hands on that iPhone 4?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Didn't they start to develop the first iPhone back in 2005? I remember reading an article thaty they had talks with Verizon way back in 2005 before it was decided to have it on Cingular (witch became AT&T in 2007)

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Didn't they start to develop the first iPhone back in 2005? I remember reading an article thaty they had talks with Verizon way back in 2005 before it was decided to have it on Cingular (witch became AT&T in 2007)

probably since these are usually designed 18 months in advance. Especially I image the first gen needed longer than usual testing

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Of course it's already out there. It's going to be released in a few months. I imagine they are being kept on campus except for some very select few doing real world tests.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Didn't Verizon come forward and say that they never had talks with Apple Prior to the iPhone launch ... "Apple all along wanted the phone to be GSM"

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73