Do Not Disturb Turning Off By Itself

bigedmiami

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
as the title states running iPhone5 6.01 seems since the last OS fix my DND is turning itself off every day, what am i missing here? it was working fine before the upgrade now i am just frustrated having to turn it back on every day
any help is appreciated
thanks in advance

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Have your tried a soft reset? (hold power button down, slide to power off-then power back on) 2) a reboot? (hold home button AND sleep/on/off button at the same time-IGNORE slide to power off, let go when you see the Apple logo) and last if neither of those work, maybe reset all settings.

Last resort, you may have to restore your device as new if none of those worked, and if the restore didn't work either- a trip to your nearest Apple store with an appt.

Hope this just turns out to be an easy fix for you:) let us know how it goes!

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't it just turn itself on & off at the desired times set in the settings? My DND is off now but will turn itself back on at midnight when I don't want to be disturbed.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't it just turn itself on & off at the desired times set in the settings?

Yes it does if you set it up that way. But from the way the OP is explaining it, he/she has it set to turn on/off automatically but it's not keeping the setting as he put it. At least that's how I understood what he/she was posting in regards to the issue they are having.

bigedmiami

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
maybe i am misunderstanding
when i go into settings and turn "On" DND i then go to Notifications "DND" and create a schedule the schedule is to enable DND at 11:00PM and then re enable the regular settings at 6:00AM once i do that the little moon symbol shows at the top of my phone all the time, what i have noticed is that the little moon disappears and when i go into settings the DND is set back to "Off" are you saying this is correct?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
maybe i am misunderstanding
when i go into settings and turn "On" DND i then go to Notifications "DND" and create a schedule the schedule is to enable DND at 11:00PM and then re enable the regular settings at 6:00AM once i do that the little moon symbol shows at the top of my phone all the time, what i have noticed is that the little moon disappears and when i go into settings the DND is set back to "Off" are you saying this is correct?

Ahhh ok. :) you're making the same mistake I made when I first set up DnD also. Ok so the first screen you see is to manually turn on/ off DnD - for when you just decide you don't want to be bothered, and then turn it back off when you do. So you can toggle that for in between your scheduled time for it to come on when you want your phone on DnD manually.

The next screen to set up the time on/off is the one that automatically comes on/off according to the times you set. So your going to go to settings/notifications/ DoNotDisturb. Now from there turn ON "scheduled" and pick your times to turn on and then pick time to shut off. If you set ON for 10pm and OFF 630am, it will then do that automatically.

Hope this helps you and answered your question on what you were having the prob with the DnD working how you want :)

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!

erikbock

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is how it works or me. I have it set to go into DND at 10:00 PM and turn off at 7:30 AM. At those times you see it turn on and off. I have had no issues with it at all and I am running it on an iPhone 5 with 6.0.1

bigedmiami

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i think i got it now, it seems by manually turning on the DND button in settings i was actually activating the DND (DUH!)
will keep an eye tonight to be sure it turns on and off on its own, thanks for the help

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks in advance
16.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

10.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't it just turn itself on & off at the desired times set in the settings? My DND is off now but will turn itself back on at midnight when I don't want to be disturbed.

That is correct. After you've set the times you do not want to be disturbed, the DND feature will remain off until the specified DND timeframe. At the specified time, it will auto-activate and remain in effect until the time you have it set to end and then re DND feature will deactivate automatically and will remain in the off position until it is time to reactivate.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234