• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

whenever I connect my iphone to my PC a window pops up that shows iphone as an

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
whenever I connect my iphone to my PC a window pops up that shows iphone as an internal storage.

this could be quite annoying at times.

How to disable this so that window doesn't pop up any more.

Alexan81

Banned
Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Karen for your tips.

Now I figured it out.

This is what needs to be done in windows 7:

click on start menu

in the search bar at the very bottom type: autoplay

Click on autoplay

Scroll down to devices

Find your iphone and choose "take no action"

click Save and boom you are done.

That annoying window will never pop up again

trebor8806

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Isn't there an option in iTunes when the iPhone is connected to turn off storage so that your PC doesn't read the iPhone as a storage device? I don't get that pop-up on my PC when I connect my iPhone.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there an option in iTunes when the iPhone is connected to turn off storage so that your PC doesn't read the iPhone as a storage device? I don't get that pop-up on my PC when I connect my iPhone.

I know there's an option to keep iTunes from popping up every time my iPhone is connected. God used my work computer to email the Ten Commandments to Moses and any time I do more than one thing at a time, my comp pulls a Walt Disney and freezes.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hm, I don't get the message when I connect my iPhone. I am running Windows 7 and have never changed the Autoplay settings. In fact, the internal storage of my iPhone is shown within the "Portable device" icon on My Computer but not directly on "My computer".

It is only when a storage device appears directly within "My Computer" that my Autoplay pops-up.

Benjamin Akre

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much .. I'm using Windows 8 and you're the first person to give me a proper avenue to stop the madness. I charge my iPhone on my PC/USB, and every game I play uses fullscreen. Many of these are already unstable in Windows VISTA->8, so interrupting them can be a proper nasty.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnyville01