With the changes in form...

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What is that one accessory that almost makes you want to hold off until the accessorizers catch up. For me its this. View attachment 18859 My main way of remaining somewhat sane is mtb'ing and thanks to lifeproof my iphone can be right there with me through the mud and rain. I think I might ride everyday this week because I know it will be a while before I can break the ole' 5 in right.

What about you?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I really want Speck to come out with the case I want sooner rather than later. Other than that there aren't any accessories I can't live without that I can think of.. yet.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
no accessory not being ready at launch will hold me back i am gonna get it but i do not want a case this bad boy looks to good to cover up all that hard work they put into it at least for a week or two then i will get the otterbox the good thing there they already have their cases for the iphone 5.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll be investing in another one of these...

61qWSEnXCHL.jpg

Bluetooth this time. :(

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Im waiting for the new lifeproof case as well. I wouldn't know what to do with out one.

Its not that I don't think the phone is beautiful. It is. Problem for me is its not waterproof. I've done things with my phone with life proof that I would never dream of doing without it. Soon as they make a phone that is water/scratch/break proof I will run it naked. Until then its a life proof lifestyle for me..

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Crayolaboi

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Nothing will hold me off from getting a phone, will just have to go back to using Aux ports for my car and home audio needs. Sucks cause my car is brand new and this is a slight step back.

emjayess

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: can anyone tell me if the Lifeproof cases are still made with that annoying gap between the iPhone screen and the case screen?! Was a deal breaker for me. Would definitely go with the Lifeproof case instead of Otterbox again if the screen was as responsive as the Otterbox Defender.

Thanks!

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you are referring to but my Lifeproof has no gap. My iPhone screen is very responsive.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

camriokid

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
no accessory not being ready at launch will hold me back i am gonna get it but i do not want a case this bad boy looks to good to cover up all that hard work they put into it at least for a week or two then i will get the otterbox the good thing there they already have their cases for the iphone 5.
punctuation, much?

andsoitgoes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I was terribly nervous with all of the new adapters. I don't have near as many things as a lot of people do, but I have a charger/radio dock for my car and I have a Sony alarm clock dock in my bedroom. There's no way I was going to dump $80 (after tax) on 2 lightning adapters that possibly won't work, but funnily enough I was already prepared for a solution to this, and no it isn't a "line out" plug.

I saw on KickStarter a few months ago this Bluetooth receiver that has a 30 pin dock connector on the bottom. It's powered by the dock connector, so all you have to do is plug it in and you're good to go, it's like any other Bluetooth device, but it was over $40, way too damn much.

So I thought I would do a search and see if any other manufacturers made the same thing for cheaper, and of course there were. I found a site that was similar to FocalPrice/Dealextreme, but I'd never seen it before.. However I found the same damn thing for $10. But as I hadn't purchased from them before, I figured I'd just order one to try it out. At the time, I didn't even need the bloody thing, but I ordered one to try it out and it actually arrived. Hooked it up and it worked like a dream. I'm sure the build quality isn't as good as the KickStarter model, but for 1/4th the price, who cares?

So now a few months later the iPhone 5 has a new connector and I wasn't about to drop that money on the dock connectors, because why? I bought another 2 of these, one for my dock at work, at home and in the car. Sure I will need to charge it separately, and I'm going to be waiting for a while to get a few extra lightning cables, but at least I have a cheaper way of doing this.

Here's the link, now this is a bit weird because when you order this, they don't have this exact item in stock, the one they swap it with is the same thing, I don't know why they haven't updated the link on their site. Also, there are risks with the color. They say that it's random, but the first order I asked for them to try and get me black, and they did... I don't know if I'll have as much luck with this order, but we will see.

Here's the link:

Ultra-thin Bluetooth V2.0 Music Receiver for Apple 30pin Speaker [E61974] : Electronic Gadgets, Home Gifts & Unusual Novelty Gifts - BestOfferBuy

What I'm bummed about is all the blooming external batteries that I'll need to replace. Obviously the 5 battery will be drastically improved over my 4, which I really should have taken in to swap but so be it. I presume within a few months Focalprice or DX will have the new external batteries in stock and I can replace the few I have. Thing is that from there, I can get it for about $12, versus these fancy pants Mophie packs for $80+. They may not have the same amount of stamina, but for the price, who cares? I can buy 6 of them for the price.

Beezzy

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The second the Lifeproof comes out with a case for the 5 I will grab one. Sad that they couldn't get one out by Launch =(

itechyou

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question: can anyone tell me if the Lifeproof cases are still made with that annoying gap between the iPhone screen and the case screen?! Was a deal breaker for me. Would definitely go with the Lifeproof case instead of Otterbox again if the screen was as responsive as the Otterbox Defender.

Thanks!

The gen 2 lifeproof cases did have a more responsive screen protector, though there was still a slight gap. The gap was needed tho for the case to function properly, and was very much as responsive as the otterbox defender series was.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2