Official waiting for iPhone 5 pre-order pajama party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If you are awake like I will be tonight when the pre orders are supposed to go live on Apple's site (along with the carriers) and you want to pass the time, post here!

We'll have a bunch of iMore writers and forums staff here to chat with, and we'll give away some accessory prizes to people posting in this thread.

What better way to wait?

Everyone know which carrier, capacity, and color they're pre-ordering? Sound off, and good luck!

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Information you will need to preorder your iphone 5 tonight

I've never pre-ordered an iPhone before because i've never had an upgrade available at the time of when the new one comes out, so i am wondering what info i will need for the pre-order so everything can go quickly and smoothly. I am a Verizon customer and i know i will need the billing password and the last 4 digits of my social security but what else will i need besides basic/billing info and a credit card?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I don't think I'll pre-order. I like lining up too much! But I think I'm going with 64GB blackout on Rogers.

And I'll be here in my jammies tonight to join in the fun either way!

Reactions: jellysandwich

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious if pre-ordering your iPhone 5 tonight guarantees you an iPhone 5 on launch day. If not, I may camp out at my local store. I've never pre-ordered before. What's it like?

laserguided

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I think us Verizon folks might need some insight from you AT&T folks. This is the first time I've been able to upgrade because the iPhone 4 was released when I signed my last 2 year contract. Any insight guys? :confused:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
All I had to do when I ordered my 4s was provide a credit/debit card for billing. I didn't need any special information or anything else. I sincerely doubt the way you order has changed in a year. :)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is my first pre-order for iPhone. It will be live at 12:01am PST time correct?

More or less... unless the servers crash. Last year it started at 12:01, but there were major issues with Apple and AT&T... most orders didn't get placed until after about 2:00-2:30...

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
More or less... unless the servers crash. Last year it started at 12:01, but there were major issues with Apple and AT&T... most orders didn't get placed until after about 2:00-2:30...

You beat me to it. Same thing happened when a lot of people tried to update to iOS5. Apple's servers crashed. Same thing will probably happen when iOS6 is available.

rpol86

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
BTW I will be up all night waiting. Getting the 16GB this time since I don't need all the space I used to with the 32gb iPhone 4 thanks to iTunes Match!!! Can't wait!!! oh and going with the Black/Slate on Verizon this time, done with the white!

Anyone know if ordering thru Verizon guarantees it on launch day or if only Apple's site will?

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm always still up at 12pm PST so yeah I'll be preordering right away. If the servers allow me too. Was a mess the past 2 years.

resplendent2209

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
16GB Black AT&T and I will be ordering via the Apple corporate site for my work ;)

Heard that orders go through like a breeze without any hassles and if it doesn't, I have got multiple laptops lol.

Will keep posted!

Jdhiker

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Do people really have to be the absolute first ones with the new iPhone? I would rather wait and make sure any bugs are worked out of it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DaPhoneking

Key22

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
BTW I will be up all night waiting. Getting the 16GB this time since I don't need all the space I used to with the 32gb iPhone 4 thanks to iTunes Match!!! Can't wait!!! oh and going with the Black/Slate on Verizon this time, done with the white!

Anyone know if ordering thru Verizon guarantees it on launch day or if only Apple's site will?

Did you have issues with your white Iphone? Im not sure which color I want but I heard that wear and tear is more visible on the white one. What do you think??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711