iPhone 5 dream device giveaway!

Georgia

iMore Prime
Feb 15, 2010
www.tipb.com
iphone_pro_camera_anastasiadis.jpg

Apple hasn't announced the next generation iPhone yet. They haven't even announced the announcement yet. Sure, there have been parts leaks, but nothing is confirmed until Tim Cook, Phil Schiller or Jonathan Ive hold it up on stage. That means there's still time to let our imaginations run away with us!

If you ran Apple, what would YOU announce as the next generation iPhone? What would it look like? What specs would it have? What special features would make it the best phone on the planet?

###The contest

Design your iPhone 5 dream device!

Break out your Photoshop or 3D program and make a killer rendering, write out your version of Phil Schiller's keynote intro telling us all about it, make a fake web page with all the tech-specs, or just tell us, in your own words, what your dream iPhone 5 looks like. It has to be original (you can't copy anything you've seen online, the other forum members will turn you in!), and it has to be creative (make us want your iPhone 5 even more than Apple's!), but other than that, the sky's the limit. Wow us!

The editors of iMore and Mobile Nations will go through all the entries and pick our favorites. Rene's going to want something with killer design. Simon and I are going to want the best gaming iPhone ever. Leanna's and Daniel are going to want an awesome camera sensor. Ally's going to want repairability. Chris O... will just want Siri to work in the UK. Phil and Chris P. will take some customizability. Kevin is either going to want a physical keyboard (ugh!) or something in the $2000 range. You won't be able to please all the judges, so pick and choose your targets, and execute something too great to be ignored! Insanely great!

When you have your entry ready, post it in a reply below!

###The prizes

We know the iMore nation is the most creative, most intelligent, best looking community in mobile, and that means it's going to be really hard to pick just one winner. So we're going to add a couple of runner-up prizes, just to make it more interesting.

- Grand prize: $500 U.S. Apple Store gift certificate to put towards the purchase of the real iPhone 5 when Apple launches it later this month
- Runner up prizes: 2x $100 U.S. Apple Store gift certificates to put towards the purchase of the real iPhone 5 when Apple launches it later this month

###The deadline

*UPDATED* Contest ends October 2nd.

###Bring it!

Are you ready? Are you set? Then go, go, go! Design your dream iPhone 5 and post it below now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: iDanny

dark-hail

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Next generation iphone

If I ran apple I would create a 18megapixel on the back camera and the front with 14 megapixels with photoshop included so you can edit the photos that you take, I would design different iPhone 5 models so other people that don't like that model can choose different kinds with other neon colors instead of just black and white. I would also add a faster processor like a chip called the ultimate graphic chip. Make a different iOS layout so we don't just stay like all the other iPhone models. I would also add flash in the front camera. The whole iPhone would be water proof bullet proof scratch proof and etc but it will be very light so it will be at others comfort. You will be able to customize your next gen iPhone keyboard as soon as you get it you will be able to do anything you want. Like i stated above iphone Will be very slim and slender at your own comfort. You would also be able to charge your iphone through wifi an it will also come with a charger. The speakers with be the best out of the best because it will come with a mini subwoofer. The increase and decrease volume buttons will be heat sense and you can talk to the iPhone and tell it want you want it to do for you as in like order food reserve tickets call places and you won't have to say a thing. Being the owner of apple and creating other electronic devices would be awesome also. I would really wish to make this kind of iPhone to see if it will become the next best iphone on the earth you will be able to customize anything you want to once you obtain it it will come with a app to customize your home layout and keyboard and etc. you can change the color of your phone just by one click away anywhere your at by the customizable app. The iPhone will have unlimited amounts of gb so you won't lagg or so the phone won't go slow while playing or doing anything that could make your phone go slow which won't ever happen again. It will come with one headphone and one earphone which will come with noise canceling and will have the best bass and sound ever created on this plant. "iPhone Heist"

Last edited:

Stupifiery

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
"Announcing the NEW iPhone!" *grandiose applause*

Tim pulls the sleekest looking device ever out of his pocket. Then he bobbles its jokingly and drops it on the floor, reaching for it steps on it with one foot and kicks it off stage bouncing a few times on the concrete. He has one of the members of the press in the audience, (happens to be Mr. Richie himself) pick it up and bring it upstage then he pulls an identical object out of the other pocket. He has Rene examine the two, Rene exclaims, "you can't even tell this was dropped!"
Announcement of Corning glass 3 harder then diamonds and inexpensive to mass produce! All at width of less than 7mm! With that we had a major breakthrough in battery technology and with LTE and location services running this phone lasts 5 days without recharging, and moderate usage! We have placed a 40mp pureview sensor with an oil driven 5x optical zoom, and a high powered xenon flash. Now instead of needing an appletv every new iPhone comes with a hdmi Dongle that plugs right into every tv, on the other side of the Dongle is a coax input and this is like a cable box and appletv in one, plus it does direct mirroring of all apps with correct scaling for resolution up to 4k!

Of course the screen size has been upped to a moderate level while still allowing for easy one handed usage. Every iPhone has 64gb on board storage and comes with 128gb cloud storage for 199 on contract! Siri can now do anything you tell her with easy home integration, preheat oven to 400 degrees for when I arrive home, play zero by smashing pumpkins in game room, open Web Page imore on living room tv, etc..

We have opened up our api allowing for blue tooth game pads to be universalized for every game, new keyboard layouts with swype, widgets on home screen and live backgrounds, amongst many other new features. The best part about this new big screen is that you can customize the layout so that the extra real estate can be used for swypeable live widgets.

The new headphones included are comparable to bose 200 dollar noise canceling headphones and you can activate Siri by customizable commands.

You'll love your new iPhone!

Applause!

dloveprod

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
It would be not only taller but also wider, a 4.3 in screen would be nice. It would have lte, a quad core processor, 128 gigs of storage, 2 gigs of memory, a fingerprint reader to log on to it with, NFC, a 3 megapixel camera on the front and a 12 megapixel camera on the back. It would have widgets and airdrop built into ios 6. And a dock that could turn it into a full fledged mac osx desktop computer. All for $399, on contract of course. Ahh that was a nice day dream. :)

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
My ideal iPhone 5 would have a user replaceable high capacity battery, a standard USB data/charging port (after all, it's USB on the computer end!) and yes, it would likely be a bit thicker than current but that's OK because that extra thickness would be put to good use by providing space for a larger camera lens. This also means a larger camera sensor can be fitted. I would not bump the camera resolution up, 8MP is perfectly fine for a pocket camera, rather the increased sensor size would provide better quality photos of the same size as now. To maximize the focal distance, the back of the camera is mounted against the inside of the faceplate, near the earpiece which itself is raised slightly from the digitizer to further maximize the available room for the better quality camera and lens.

It would also have in addition to the standard 16/32/64GB of internal storage, a microSD slot dedicated to the Camera Roll.

Optional accessories would include snap on lens adapters for both telephoto and wide angle. For gamers, a multi-button / joystick game pad adapter.

(in case you can't guess, I'm into photography).

Braun00

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Iphone-5 with following features:
18 MPixel camera for back and front
4G LTE
External memory ? flash or something OR USB port on the phone
More Siri integration with other apps/services
Big screen
NFC
Replaceable battery
And anything else that makes iphone-5 better then any Andriod phone

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Render

Okay.. below is some rendering i worked on by using autodesk inventor... i did not use anything as a base and i made the entire thing myself...
Introducing the new "iPhone Effect"
my dream iPhone includes:
-13 megapixel back cam with dual flash (1080p recording)
- 4.7 in (diagonal) retina screen
- beats audio
- quadcore 1.5ghz i-Processor
- 4g lte capable (chip can be seen below the beats audio text)
- 3 megapixel front facing camera (centered)
- stereo speakers
- 3d microphone to make recordings sound amazing with headphones
- a micro usb connector (also an hdmi port with included mhl adapter)
- an sd card slot (found under volume buttons) <--- internal storage comes in 16-64gb sizes
and finally:
- a hd projecter that can show full 1080 video from up to 8 ft away (iProject studio software included)
and for Chris O:
- siri will be fully functional in the UK :)

Attachments

• render projector.jpg
    render projector.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 101
  • beats snip.PNG
    beats snip.PNG
    87.9 KB · Views: 95
  • home snip.PNG
    home snip.PNG
    62.6 KB · Views: 91
  • side.PNG
    side.PNG
    14.1 KB · Views: 40
  • back drawing.PNG
    back drawing.PNG
    49.4 KB · Views: 40
  • front drawing.PNG
    front drawing.PNG
    46.8 KB · Views: 43
  • bottom.PNG
    bottom.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
"...and now for the next product which I am sure everyone is waiting for"

Screen goes black with a block of transparent glass. Looks pretty identical in dimensions to iPhone 4S but thinner and marginally taller. Also there are no buttons visible anywhere. It just looks like a block of glass.

"Yes, it is a block of glass... we call it the "new" iPhone. Isn't it wonderful?"

Crowd laughing

Pulls out the glass from the pocket and walks over to the presentation desk. Connects maybe a smaller connector...

"So here is the next gen iPhone which all are waiting for. Looks beautiful, we at Apple proud ourself to be the innovators and design something no one has every thought of. It is a block of glass made with military grade compositions, harder than iron and scratch free. No you might wonder what happens when I touch the screen"

The glass just light ups displaying the home screen, edge to edge, no buttons visible

Crowd applause

"Wow, eh?"

Pulls out the bottle of water and has a sip

"This is the new iPhone. It just looks awesome. Everything is touch enabled. We thought we were wasting precious real estate when we have the best touchscreen. That means no home button, no volume buttons and no power button. Just a small connector at the bottom"

Different pictures of the lit-up iPhone now on the screen. Can see some sort of micro connector and some small holes all around the phone (probably for mic, speakers, vents)

"We now have an extra column and extra row of apps that can fit on the screen. The iPhone is marginally taller than the previous generations but significantly thinner. It is 4.5" edge to edge and only 5mm thin. It looks awesome"

Crowd applause

Screen now shows the word "Battery"

"Next is the battery. With the thickness we had lot of problems getting identical performance as the previous generation. So we went back to the drawing board and did what Apple does best. We designed something that was even better. With the new battery chemistry we have managed to get 20 hours talktime and 1 year standby. There is nothing in the market any better than this."

Crowd applause

Screen now shows the word "Storage"

"We worked with lot of developers and were thinking what is enough in terms of storage. iPhone will now have 32GB and 64GB storage."

Screen now shows the word "A6"

"We have developed a new processor in house that is twice as fast and 10 times faster graphics capacity than the A5X. We have increased the RAM to 2GB. To show you how fast and better the processor and graphics are we would like to call XX-Developer to show their latest game"

Demo... XX-Developer walks away from the spotlight and we are back to our presentation

Screen now shows the word "NFC"

"With iOS 6 and all the features we are confident this is going to be one of the best products in the market. Now on to the features. We have added a new technology called NFC. Apple is working with credit card companies, Visa and MasterCard, to get a new machine installed at all the vendors in the US. Now what is NFC? It is as simple as touching the screen. Everyone goes out shopping, groceries, gas, clothing, etc. And a lot of us pay using plastic debit and credit cards. With NFC and the new machine at all the vendors paying will be as easy as touching the screen. We have also integrated this feature with new Passbook so that the app will remember what card are you using at what merchant and automatically process the transaction unless you want to select another card. Again that is as simple as touching the screen."

Screen now shows the word "iFinger"

"Now some people out there are wondering about security. Apple has worked with the industry best and figured out a way to incorporate something real personal in addition to the iPhone itself. We call it iFinger. The iPhone knows you are holding the phone as it is reading the fingerprints from multiple fingers. So you cannot process the transaction unless you are holding the phone. I cannot use Tim's phone to make a transaction. So this is the new NFC and iFinger"

Crowd applause

Screen now shows the word "iDisplay"

"We have all heard about Retina display but we had some customers asking for more control on the display. Now within the accessibility settings people will have access to set the display resolution as high as macbook pro retina. Users will have more control on the number of rows and columns they would like on the homescreen."

Screen now show the word "Orientation Free"

"And one more thing... How many times have you picked the phone in the wrong orientation. Previous generations of the iPhone has gyro built-in and you could use the iPhone in portrait and landscape mode. With new sensors that monitor your fingers Apple now had developed something we like to call Orientation Free. Not just top-bottom-left-right we now have front-back. Let's see a demo"

Flip the phone and the screen shows up on the other side.

"Isn't it awesome. My open app will be now on the other side exactly I left it"

Crowd applause

"And now you might be wondering when can you get a chance to play with this new awesome iPhone? We are taking pre-orders starting today and releasing the iPhone on the 21st Sept 2012. The iPhone will be available with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and all-new T-Mobile for $249 for 32GB and $349 for 64GB"

I did try to capture Jobs style using the word awesome multiple times during the presentation and the "one more thing"

Sorry, I do not have any 3D rendering software or photoshop but I assume you got the picture from the description above.

ezday42

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
MY Ideal iPhone would have 4g LTE a 12 meg camera with duel led flash 1080p video recording. A 2 meg front facing camera. quad core A6 Apple proccesor with 2 gigs of Ram. A 4 inch Retina display with capacitive Home button. Fully funtioning Siri that will controll all functions of the iphone, a slim 8.5mm design that can be easly used with one hand. an inovative Glass and metal design. A Bose like sound profile with a preminum Head set. Apple designed Home screen widgets for social media, time, weather, and news. Consumer changable themes and color combos with a customizable notification shade. A quick charge high capacity battery that will last the day with modeate use and settings that will allow the user access through the notifcation screen. Apple needs to maintain its firm hand on design and functionality while allowing the consumer some additional customization opptions that we can control. Lastly I would like to see my iphone avaliable in 4 colors upon release. Red Blue, Black, and White would be Great. The more appling to the masses the more the Masses will buy the iiphone

Last edited:

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
MY Ideal iPhone would have 4g LTE a 12 meg camera with duel led flash 1080p video recording. A 2 meg front facing camera. quad core A6 Apple proccesor with 2 gigs of Ram. A 4 inch Retina display with capacitive Home button. Fully funtioning Siri that will controll all functions of the iphone, a slim 8.5mm design that can be easly used with one hand. an inovative Glass and metal design. A Bose like sound profile with a preminum Head set. Apple designed Home screen widgets for social media, time, weather, and news. Consumer changable themes and color combos with a customizable notification shade. A quick charge high capacity battery that will last the day with modeate use and settings that will allow the user access through the notifcation screen. Apple needs to maintain its firm hand on design and functionality while allowing the consumer some additional customization opptions that we can control. Lastly I would like to see my iphone avaliable in 4 colors upon release. Red Blue, Black, and White would be Great. The more appling to the masses the more the Masses will buy the iiphone

IMO, there are too many things wrong with that design... you are not going to get good quality photos out of it, for one thing. The objective distance between the lens and sensor is going to way to small. With that small a distance, the physical size of the sensor is going to be maybe a 1/4 inch, if we're lucky, most likely 1/8 inch or smaller, and packing 18MP into that is going to produce horrible photos. And where are you going to find the room to squeeze in that high capacity battery with such a small device? The iPad doesn't last as long as it does on a single charge because it's light on power use, it does it because it has a huge honkin' battery!

I would be willing to sacrifice absolute battery life for user-changeable inexpensive replaceable batteries plus an external charger.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
"...and now for the next product which I am sure everyone is waiting for"

Screen goes black with a block of transparent glass. Looks pretty identical in dimensions to iPhone 4S but thinner and marginally taller. Also there are no buttons visible anywhere. It just looks like a block of glass.

"Yes, it is a block of glass... we call it the "new" iPhone. Isn't it wonderful?"

Crowd laughing

Pulls out the glass from the pocket and walks over to the presentation desk. Connects maybe a smaller connector...

"So here is the next gen iPhone which all are waiting for. Looks beautiful, we at Apple proud ourself to be the innovators and design something no one has every thought of. It is a block of glass made with military grade compositions, harder than iron and scratch free. No you might wonder what happens when I touch the screen"

The glass just light ups displaying the home screen, edge to edge, no buttons visible

Crowd applause

"Wow, eh?"

"This is the new iPhone. It just looks awesome. Everything is touch enabled. We thought we were wasting precious real estate when we have the best touchscreen. That means no home button, no volume buttons and no power button. Just a small connector at the bottom"

Different pictures of the lit-up iPhone now on the screen. Can see some sort of micro connector and some small holes all around the phone (probably for mic, speakers, vents)

"We now have an extra column and extra row of apps that can fit on the screen. The iPhone is marginally taller than the previous generations but significantly thinner. It is 4.5" edge to edge and only 5mm thin. It looks awesome"

Crowd applause

Screen now shows the word "Battery"

"Next is the battery. With the thickness we had lot of problems getting identical performance as the previous generation. So we went back to the drawing board and did what Apple does best. We designed something that was even better. With the new battery chemistry we have managed to get 20 hours talktime and 1 year standby. There is nothing in the market any better than this."

Crowd applause

Screen now shows the word "Storage"

"We worked with lot of developers and were thinking what is enough in terms of storage. iPhone will now have 32GB and 64GB storage."

Screen now shows the word "A6"

"We have developed a new processor in house that is twice as fast and 10 times faster graphics capacity than the A5X. We have increased the RAM to 2GB. To show you how fast and better the processor and graphics are we would like to call XX-Developer to show their latest game"

Demo... XX-Developer walks away from the spotlight and we are back to our presentation

Screen now shows the word "NFC"

"With iOS 6 and all the features we are confident this is going to be one of the best products in the market. Now on to the features. We have added a new technology called NFC. Apple is working with credit card companies, Visa and MasterCard, to get a new machine installed at all the vendors in the US. Now what is NFC? It is as simple as touching the screen. Everyone goes out shopping, groceries, gas, clothing, etc. And a lot of us pay using plastic debit and credit cards. With NFC and the new machine at all the vendors paying will be as easy as touching the screen. We have also integrated this feature with new Passbook so that the app will remember what card are you using at what merchant and automatically process the transaction unless you want to select another card. Again that is as simple as touching the screen."

Screen now shows the word "iFinger"

"Now some people out there are wondering about security. Apple has worked with the industry best and figured out a way to incorporate something real personal in addition to the iPhone itself. We call it iFinger. The iPhone knows you are holding the phone as it is reading the fingerprints from multiple fingers. So you cannot process the transaction unless you are holding the phone. I cannot use Tim's phone to make a transaction. So this is the new NFC and iFinger"

Crowd applause

Screen now shows the word "iDisplay"

"We have all heard about Retina display but we had some customers asking for more control on the display. Now within the accessibility settings people will have access to set the display resolution as high as macbook pro retina. Users will have more control on the number of rows and columns they would like on the homescreen."

Screen now show the word "Orientation Free"

"And one more thing... How many times have you picked the phone in the wrong orientation. Previous generations of the iPhone has gyro built-in and you could use the iPhone in portrait and landscape mode. With new sensors that monitor your fingers Apple now had developed something we like to call Orientation Free. Not just top-bottom-left-right we now have front-back. Let's see a demo"

Flip the phone and the screen shows up on the other side.

"Isn't it awesome. My open app will be now on the other side exactly I left it"

Crowd applause

"And now you might be wondering when can you get a chance to play with this new awesome iPhone? We are taking pre-orders starting today and releasing the iPhone on the 21st Sept 2012. The iPhone will be available with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and all-new T-Mobile for $249 for 32GB and $349 for 64GB"

I did try to capture Jobs style using the word awesome multiple times during the presentation and the "one more thing"

Sorry, I do not have any 3D rendering software or photoshop but I assume you got the picture from the description above.

Mago27

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I foresee one of these iPhones for next 9/12...

1-One based on current 4/4S desing with following Aesthetical Improvements:

* Slimmer Gorrilla Glass at Both sides (no aluminum unibody).
* Painted Liquid Metal Eskeleton/Anntena (similar finish used by Vapor4 on its bumpers), Black or White.

2-If not then, an Mac Unibody-Like Design, but closer to iPad2 than to a fish can with windows, having:

* soft bisel all arround
* maybe painted or coated on black or white
* dual RF Windows similar to those on iPad but twice (in Black or White).

Common New Features,
I foresee on both:
* A6 cpu (A5X evolution 32nm with 768MB Ram, half graphic cores),
* LTE
* Penta/HexaBand 3G with AWS support.
* 13 Mpx camera, and 720p frontal camera.
* Finger Print Scanner or sort of biometric device.
* Of Course 4-4.3" IPS Screen 1148x640 (not 1133,1136).
* new dock connector.
* Big Apple Logo that hides an NFC Antenna.

******************************************************************************************************************************************

My Dream iPhone: New Features I would Like:

SIze (screen) 4.3" quarter inch wider than current iPhone

Look: as an iPhone 4 with "vapor4" bumper look, just native, only switch the steel eskeleton to an refined liquid metal skeleton, or a Carbon-fibre/Ceramik Skeleton (coated anyway).

* Curved Glass on both sides.
* Gesture Enabled Home Button.
* Finger Print Scanner or sort of may have been Added yet to i5).
* Virtual Home Button: using the lower region of the screen as home buttom, adding some vibration feedback, also may have an e-Ink display for notifications.
* External auxiliary battery terminal, for Efficient Extended Usage.
* Barometer (may have been Added yet to i5).
* add an e-ink display to back panel (or a bigger home button), showing notifications and other messages.
* CUSTOMIZABLE LOCK SCREEN via 3rd party Plug-Ins.
* Full In-APP SMS, as on Android & Windows Phone, Allow Applications to send/receive/process STD SMS and iMessages, this helps to send/receive Automated GPS locations among other things, I really miss that.
* Notification Led

Last edited:

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I wont pretend to be smart enough to design my own Phone but Ill add a few things I think would be coolio....

1) Liquipell-likewater proofing all phones

2) Using an IR oven cured clear coat over the entire phone to drastically increase scratch resistance and if you did scratch it you could make the scratch go away with a heat gun. (Heat the coating back up, scratch melts back into place, let it dry...Wala...Literally happens in 2-4 seconds on an IR oven convey system)

3) Before applying the previous mentioned coatings, apply a metallic flake coating... the flakes capable of acting as antenna boosters. I did this with a Blackberry and my phone worked in an office space it never could work in before. (I never tried it with an Iphone)

4)Variety of colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have painted so many different Iphones and every time I do, people ask me where they can get it and can I do that for them....People want variety!!!!

YES, I have done all these things with my own phones and yes they all worked...

And YES I work at a paint company that makes liquid and powder coatings for almost all types of uses...

Steal my ideas and use them in your designs...

jameslaz

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone Concept

Here is my attempt at what I would like to see. I know people will say it looks just like the iPhone 4S and that is because I like the look of the iPhone 4S. I have added a few things I think would be cool and a few things that are way beyond my technical understanding. I am not an engineer, well actually I kind of am an engineer but not that kind. No idea about batteries or cameras that?s for sure. I would like better speaker (I left the ear phone jack on the top to allow room for much larger speakers), a better camera and yes flush buttons. I love the idea of a magnetic quick release connector and the ability to add more memory. Will these things ever happen maybe not but it sure would be nice. One big thing is the screen size, I know I want a bigger screen but not huge. My wife tried a Samsung Galaxy 3 and that thing was way too big for me, very nice device but too big. She gave it up and went back to her iPhone 3Gs after a few days. I included a 4.2 inch screen but I don?t know about aspect ratios so I am sure it is all wrong. If you want to see some cool fake concepts check out Aatma Studio on YouTube, they are amazing. So have a look, go ahead and tell me how wrong it is and why this will never happen even though the contest clearly states ?Dream Device?. I doubt if I will be investing a few billion to make my own phone so this is as close as I will come to an actual phone design, then again maybe the good people at Apple will see this and make me one of the head designers! Ok probably not but I can dream can?t I. If I get motivated I may try another concept before the contest ends, something wilder.

Enjoy my concept,
Thanks,

James

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Here is my attempt at what I would like to see. I know people will say it looks just like the iPhone 4S and that is because I like the look of the iPhone 4S. I have added a few things I think would be cool and a few things that are way beyond my technical understanding. I am not an engineer, well actually I kind of am an engineer but not that kind. No idea about batteries or cameras that?s for sure. I would like better speaker (I left the ear phone jack on the top to allow room for much larger speakers), a better camera and yes flush buttons. I love the idea of a magnetic quick release connector and the ability to add more memory. Will these things ever happen maybe not but it sure would be nice. One big thing is the screen size, I know I want a bigger screen but not huge. My wife tried a Samsung Galaxy 3 and that thing was way too big for me, very nice device but too big. She gave it up and went back to her iPhone 3Gs after a few days. I included a 4.2 inch screen but I don?t know about aspect ratios so I am sure it is all wrong. If you want to see some cool fake concepts check out Aatma Studio on YouTube, they are amazing. So have a look, go ahead and tell me how wrong it is and why this will never happen even though the contest clearly states ?Dream Device?. I doubt if I will be investing a few billion to make my own phone so this is as close as I will come to an actual phone design, then again maybe the good people at Apple will see this and make me one of the head designers! Ok probably not but I can dream can?t I. If I get motivated I may try another concept before the contest ends, something wilder.

Enjoy my concept,
Thanks,

James

what program are you using???

Trodecke

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
My 3D modeling skills inhale but I'll continue to work on them and see if I can add a render for this post. In the meantime . . . .

Thank you for coming today folks. In 2007, Apple changed the mobile phone world with the very first iPhone. It included Multi-Touch which introduced an entirely new way to interact with a smart phone. In 2010 we released the iPhone 4 with Retina Display. This made the world's most touchable display the absolute best display to look at as well. Today, well, today we're not announcing an evolutionary phone or even a revolutionary new phone. Today, we're announcing a quantum leap in the technology of smart phones. Today we're announcing the iPhone 5 with full body multi-touch! That's right, every single surface of the iPhone 5 is multi-touch capable! There are no buttons, switches, or any moving parts at all. Every aspect of this phone can be adjusted by using touch. To wake the phone up, you simply touch the top and bottom edge at the same time. To adjust the volume, just hold the phone in your hand with your fingers on one side and slide your thumb up and down on the opposite side. That's right, slide up to increase the volume and down to decrease the volume. What could be more natural than that?

You may have noticed that there's no home button on this phone like all previous iPhones. The home button is now a soft key, activated by holding a finger on the lower portion of the screen. It still has the multi-functionality such as double clicking to access the fast app switcher, however those are activated by a multi-touch gesture. To access the fast app switcher, simply activate the home button by pressing on the lower portion of the screen and then touch two fingers anywhere else on the screen.

You might be asking why we did away with all the switches and buttons, especially the home button and that would be a good question. Here's Jony Ive to fill you in.

Good morning folks. How's everyone doing. The home button has been an iconic portion of the iPhone from the very beginning so I'm sure you're thinking, why would Apple remove it? Well, as we've always said, we design to function and not fashion. By removing the home button we've now created an iPhone that not only has edge to edge glass on the front but the display itself is now edge to edge! There is no wasted space on this phone at all. Look at that. Isn't that beautiful? That's my mum on her last birthday. What a sweet lady. I'll send it back to Tim to fill you in on the rest of the details.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, edge to edge glass with an edge to edge display. And the entire surface of the phone, front and back, top and bottom, side to side, is multi-touch capable. And yes, we've patented the heck out of that! <g>

In todays world of cloud computing, having the best looking and best functioning phone in the world won't do you any good unless you've got solid, fast, and reliable connectivity. To address that, the iPhone 5 is the first iPhone that's world capable. It includes connectivity options for CDMA, EVDO, GSM, HSDPA, and, finally, LTE! This one phone can be used with the carrier of your choice, anywhere in the world.

And since we've removed all the physical buttons and switches, we now have room for other components inside the phone, so we added a larger battery with a heat recovery charging mechanism that allows the phone to harvest it's own heat and turn that into an electrical charge. The more you use the iPhone 5, the more you charge the battery. Now this won't replace the need to top off the battery occasionally but it does allow you to go 5 days between charges with normal use.

So there you have it folks, the iPhone 5. A quantum leap in smart phone technology.

Oh, and one more thing . . . . .

We included the world's smallest 3D projector in the iPhone5. With iOS 4 we introduced Face TIme where you can participate in a video chat with your friends and family. But we started thinking, why limit the display to just a flat image on the front of the phone. So we worked with our partners and helped develop the worlds first, miniature, LED laser powered 3D display (queue up video of R2-D2 projecting a video of Princess Leia). Just start up a Face Time session with one of your friends that are using an iPhone 5 and you'll automatically get the full 3D session.

Um, for those times when you'd prefer not to be seen in full 3D, we've included a privacy option that will let the other person see the last photo associated with your account on your phone. :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal