Who will intro the iPhone 5?

Who will intro iPhone 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so Steve Jobs has stepped down as CEO of Apple and Tim Cook is now CEO. So I wonder which one of them is going to intro the iPhone 5 on stage? It could be Steve Jobs to show everyone that he's not gone just around or it could be Tim Cook as a show that although he is now CEO Apple is still the same. So who do you think it will be?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I say Steve Jobs but really I'm still 50/50 on it. He's been taking a back seat at keynotes and since Tim Cook is the CEO who knows. I still feel like they will want to capitalize on the Steve Jobs phenominon to bolster sales and create buzz.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Probably Jobs. Remember, he only stepped down as CEO. He retains his position as Chairman of the Board. I could see Cook doing it, but I would lean toward Jobs for the same reasons stated above.

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Since he has resigned I believe that it should be fitting for Steve Jobs to do it one last time IMO.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Scott Forestall (probably spelled wrong) the head of iOS.

But I would not be Shocked if Steve came out and did it. Nor if he did, by not doing the keynote it would really signal the change of the guard that he is no longer going to be there for every thing and only major decisions. At this point everything is already decided so showing it off isn't something that would require his presence.

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I voted Steve, but he's a pretty class act, so I won't be surprised if he steps back and fully lets Tim take the reigns to show solidarity with the new CEO. Of course he could also take the stage first then do the official changing of the guard.

Last edited:

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I say Steve. He's still the person people want to see, he is the face of apple. If we had a vote to see not who they thought, but who they wanted to give the keynote I bet Cook wouldn't get any votes...

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Yup! definitely Jobs.
The iPhone 5 will be his last print. And then the iPhone 5 should to be a collection!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
definitely Jobs. it will be the most Epic keynote ever. makes sense

I agree with you as well. With all of the time that Jobs has invested in the new iPhone, I don't think the keynote would be the same without him up there on the stage running the show.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
As much as I'd like to see Steve on the stage, I really don't think he's going to do it. He is not CEO, he's Chairman of the Board, and the Chairman of the Board does not give the Keynote presentations. At the very least, he might introduce Tim, but I do not think he will announce the iPhone 5. That's not his job anymore. People want to see Steve, yes, but they also want to know that Apple can flourish without him.

hyperhealer

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I say Apple goes out and hires Morgan Freeman and he introduces the iPhone 5! Who's with me?

Seriously, I say Tim Cook. As the CEO and future visionary and chief, it is his proper place. Furthermore, continuing to rely in Jobs' charisma may send the wrong message to investors. Apple needs show the world that Cook can handle the future for Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox