Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default sculptor want to switch on camera in i-phone4S

I am a kinetic sculptor with a question.

I use old phones to make kinetic sculptures. In some pieces, the sculpture microprocessor can turn on the camera. The processor is connected to a motherboard switch. There is no button on an i-phone 4S for turning on the camera, The volume 'up' button can be used for taking a picture but the phone has to be put into camera mode via the touch screen. My question is as follows. Is there an app or a motherboard modification that would allow me to use the volume 'down' button to turn the camera on in a i-Phone 4S?

I have attached a video of a piece called 'The Waifs' which shows phones in action. Many of the phones in this piece were provided by the AMTA (The Australian Mobile Telephone Association).
    iMore Pro

527 Posts

Default Sculptor want to switch on camera in iPhone 4S, where is the on button?

Check your restrictions under your settings. It may be that camera functions have been disabled.
    Last edited by scruffypig; 02-07-2016 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Corrected response.