My battery wears down fast and can't change setting to wi-fi on 4s, why?

I

iMore Question

My battery wears down fast and can't change setting to wi-fi on 4s

In the settings i can't change to to wi-fi

RogMoore

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: My battery wears down fast and can't change setting to wi-fi on 4s

Get it to the nearest Apple store and ask them to repair it for you.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Don't go to an Apple Store unless you absolutely have to. Your 4s is out of warranty. Try conducting a hard reset by holding down the power and home button until you see the Apple boot logo. If that doesn't work you may have to restore your phone (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184).

As far as battery life is is concerned, Apple's lithium ion batteries are designed to retain 80% of original capacity for 500 complete charge cycles. I'm assuming your 4s is way past that at this point, so your battery is probably nearing the end of its useful life. Nonetheless, not being able to connect wifi doesn't help the situation.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Get it to the nearest Apple store and ask them to repair it for you.

I would not recommend taking an older, out of warranty device into an Apple Store unless you've exhausted other options first and you're willing to shell out money for service on an old device. A 4s is probably worth less than the cost to fix it.

RogMoore

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site

I would not recommend taking an older, out of warranty device into an Apple Store unless you've exhausted other options first and you're willing to shell out money for service on an old device. A 4s is probably worth less than the cost to fix it.

You make a point, but sometimes the device more costs then it worth as many memories stick to it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2