iPhone 4S, buying new and wanted to know iOS upgrading path?

I

iMore Question

iPhone 4S, buying new and wanted to know ios upgrading path

Thinking of buying a new iPhone 4S. How does the ios upgrade work? Does the software update incrementally from ios 5 to 6 to 7 to 8 to 9, or jump directly to ios9? Asking because I wanted to update to just ios7. Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 4S, buying new and wanted to know ios upgrading path

Welcome to iMore! You'll upgrade directly to iOS 9.1. Apple is no longer signing any previous versions so, unless you're jailbroken, it's your only option.

WP7Nettwerk

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

I don't recomend you upgrade iOS to 8.x or 9.x. That version runs slow.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

iOS 9.2 is actually very stable. If u decide to update, I recommend going thru the beta

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Thinking of buying a new iPhone 4S. How does the ios upgrade work? Does the software update incrementally from ios 5 to 6 to 7 to 8 to 9, or jump directly to ios9? Asking because I wanted to update to just ios7. Thanks

Can I ask why you're purchasing a "new" 4s? You can get a 5s for next to nothing in most areas of the world that carry iPhones. For probably a small price different you'll get much more use out of a newer device.

KC1988

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Can I ask why you're purchasing a "new" 4s? You can get a 5s for next to nothing in most areas of the world that carry iPhones. For probably a small price different you'll get much more use out of a newer device.

The prices for iPhone 5S new is about $350-$450. Prices for iPhone 4S new is about $150-$200. That's about $200+ difference which isn't a "small price difference" to me. If you know of places that sell 5s for next to nothing, I would love to hear about them. Thanks for the answers.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77