Wifi dropout when locked.

mhn6699

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, I'm new to ios. Using iPhone 4S 8.4.1 version. When i locked my iPhone, the wifi goes off and it comes again after i unlock the phone within 4-5 seconds. I was facing this issue in 8.3 version also. I did all the settings and methods provided in internet. Yesterday night, I restored my os. But no use. This problem is still there. It's annoying. I was a blackberry user. I sold it off and purchased this 4S. But this is a weird problem. I went through this forum and internet but couldn't find any solutions. Facing this issue at home network. Using tplink. I'm staying on India. Anyone out there? Please help me to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not an issue... It's how it works... WIFI isn't fully turning off, it's going into a "hot standby" mode where it is use when the phone needs it while the screen is dark...it's a power conservation thing.

mhn6699

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying. But because of that, my whatsapp notifications are delayed. It works after resetting the network settings. But only for one day. After that the problem starts again.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replying. But because of that, my whatsapp notifications are delayed. It works after resetting the network settings. But only for one day. After that the problem starts again.

Do you have your WhatsApp notifications set right? You should still get your notifications. Is it set to "show on lock screen"?

mhn6699

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Yes, everything's set. I'm getting notifications on lock screen but there's a delay in getting those notifications because of this wifi dropout.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner