Why is my battery life so short on my iPhone 4s?

Felipedersen

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Battery full charge capacity 500mah. Iphone 4s HELP

Hey! My iphone 4s battery had a really short life, about an hour, so i send to replace it here. They put a generic battery, not original, but with the same capacity. It works, but, i used [redacted], to check the battery, and it says: Desing capacity: 1420. Full Charge Capacity: 500mah, so, im in doubt about, if the battery its really wrong, or the iphone its wrong. Im tired of plugin in the phone to the charger every timeeee! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery full charge capacity 500mah. Iphone 4s HELP

Have you ever considered getting a newer model iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Yes, but im from argentina, and here iphone is really expensive

I understand, but your options are limited. You can either

A. Deal with it like you've been doing
B. Spend money on replacement battery and hope it works better than your current battery.
C. If you have a weak cellular signal, that will surely cause your battery to deplete quickly, therefore, when you're in an area where the cellular signal is weak, put the device in Airplane mode and then try to connect to Wi-Fi.
D. Turn down the brightness level of your display and watch your on-screen time.

sanayajefferson

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site

Here is few tips that fix the battery problem

• Check your device and battery uses
  • Restore your device as new
  • Turn off Location Services
  • Turn off Background app
  • Set Auto-Lock to 1 minute
  • Turn off any extra sounds (like keyboard clicks)
  • Turn off the iPod EQ
  • Use headphones instead of the speaker if you have to listen to music
  • Turn down low the screen brightness
  • Turn off Bluetooth when not using it
  • Turn off Wi-Fi when not using it
  • Turn off all your accounts

Felipedersen

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! Those are cool things to do, that saves minutes, but my battery its only chargin less than a half of his cappacity. I mean, i replace the battery with a new one, and it charges 500mah, (should charge 1430 aprox). Somebody told me that the plotter had burned out. I dont know what that is, and what to do. I have tried everything and spend money!

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! Those are cool things to do, that saves minutes, but my battery its only chargin less than a half of his cappacity. I mean, i replace the battery with a new one, and it charges 500mah, (should charge 1430 aprox). Somebody told me that the plotter had burned out. I dont know what that is, and what to do. I have tried everything and spend money!

I may have missed you stating it, but has your phone ACTUALLY run out of power and stopped? Or is it just giving you a battery low indication?

One thing I seem to remember is that on the 4S era models, the battery indicator 'reset' to zero when the battery was fully drained. Again, I'm going from memory here, and some others can correct me if that's not the case.

Anyway, it would be a cost effective 'first step' to troubleshoot the problem. Pick a known time when you won't need the phone ( a weekend, for example), and let it drain completly. Only then should you recharge the battery and see what happens to the battery indicator. Good luck.

Felipedersen

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Thanks lackster2, but i alredy did that. I did everything haha! The real problem is this: i changed the battery (very old battery, and last 1hs ), replace it with a new one, and its still happening. I donwloaded ibackupbot, and it says: Battery capacity: 1420mha. Battery full CHARGE, 500mah. Like, only 1/3 of the battery capacity is in use. I dont know. im sick about this ahha. Thanks anyway

ladylion262

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

This was happening to me last year (I since got a newer iphone) but when I still had the 4, it would suddenly die, and it got worse and worse to the point that it would just shut down, even after being charged. Turns out there was a flaw in the battery for certain iphone 4s, and they did a recall on the battery. You should be able to go to the store (I was able to check online) to see if you are eligible to get your battery replaced for free, (they replaced mine after confirming with the serial number). Hopefully yours will be covered!

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

It's obvious you didn't read what he was saying. He already did get a new battery, and now the new one is behaving strangely and only reporting 1/3 of its design capacity.

Felipedersen: does your iPhone 4S actually shut off after a while with the new battery again? Maybe the battery is simply reporting an incorrect capacity or charge but works quite well regardless thereof.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

One other thing I've noticed on my 4s. About a year ago, I installed a new battery myself, one I had purchased through iFixit. I noticed when I plugged the phone into my Mac computer USB port, the phone would charge all the way to 100%. However, when I charged it with the Apple supplied wall charger, it would only charge to 87% max.

I do not have an explanation for this, but it might be worth a try.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro