iPhone 4S as a music player?

jomarr

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
The new iPod Touch is really expensive (at least for me) and since the 4s has become a cult hit in the audiophile world (garnering probably the best reviews for a smartphone as a dace).. Is it advisable for me to buy the 4s?

Honestly, I'm just going to use it for 95% of the time, music. Then a bit of texting and calling (and I mean just a bit as I have a Lumia 1520 for my personal phone).. And a phone that I'm going to use for health (tracking my run, mostly with a fitbit device)..

Would you recommend the 4s for me? I'm still unsure whether to get the HTC One M8 or this or the 5s but the 4s is cheaper than both the m8 and the 5s (but the m8 and 5s can track my steps and I don't need to buy another device for it).

Anyway, I'm solely asking about the headphone jack output since it differs in each smartphone. I tried to research and get information from Headfi and got VERY mixed results.

From posts I read from headfi:

4s>5s<=>?m8

Thanks for the answers!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you are not going to be required to get a mobile calling / mobile data package then yes, the iPhone 4S for the purpose you stated is worth it, in my opinion.

jomarr

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
If you are not going to be required to get a mobile calling / mobile data package then yes, the iPhone 4S for the purpose you stated is worth it, in my opinion.

Yup. No strings attached! Is the 4s really that slow though or are some people on the net exaggerating?