While my iPhone 4s is charging in sleep mode it restarts itself! Why does it do this?

I

iMore Question

While my iPhone 4s is charging in sleep mode it restarts itself!

My iPhone 4s keeps restarting itself while on charge, it doesn't do it if I set it to never sleep but when it is in normal sleep mode ie screen is black due to it not being used after a specified space of time, it charges and then after a minute give or take it restarts itself. The screen is still black then the Apple logo appears for a few seconds, screen goes to home page and is still charging then if it is left to go back into sleep mode the cycle starts again. I had a new charge port fitted 6 months ago due to it not holding its charge, there are no battery charging issues and it holds its battery life ok. I have done the usual soft reset, tried cleaning the charge ports with a soft brush, powered it off then on again but nothing seems to work. It has all the current updates and the last 0% - 100% charge was done 6 days ago.
If anyone can help then I would be very greatful

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: While my iPhone 4s is charging in sleep mode it restarts itself!

You've done all I would have suggested.
Two options left I think. Either do a full wipe and then restore or take it to an Apple Store or repair centre.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Katniss999

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem.
iPhone 4S keeps on restarting every few minutes, while charging in sleep mode.
This problem only started after the update to iOS 8.3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR