Today I wanted to send a picture to my daughter in a message and was unable to attach it. I was able to do this just fine before the ios 8.2 upgrade. How do I fix this?
    03-20-2015 03:29 PM
    go to settings>> Messages>> check to make sure MMS is on.
    03-20-2015 03:31 PM
    It is on. I've searched forums and can't find an answer anywhere.
    03-20-2015 03:45 PM
    It is on. I've searched forums and can't find an answer anywhere.
    If MMS is on then you should be able to attach a photo to an iMessage or text message. You can do it directly from the Photos app using the share feature or from within the Messages app by selecting the camera icon and then selecting the photo. By the way, how large is the photo you're trying to send?
    03-20-2015 05:29 PM
    It's not a big picture but I can't attach using any apps. This happened the last time there was an update and I found the answer on this site - just can't find it again.

Update - seems like I can send it by text when going straight to the text message and using the camera icon. Just can't send from the camera roll.

At least I can do it
    Last edited by Goldenhare; 03-20-2015 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Update
    03-20-2015 05:46 PM
    It's not a big picture but I can't attach using any apps. This happened the last time there was an update and I found the answer on this site - just can't find it again.

Update - seems like I can send it by text when going straight to the text message and using the camera icon. Just can't send from the camera roll.

At least I can do it
    That's good news....
    03-20-2015 08:09 PM
    I have tried all of your suggestions that were given and still cannot attach video or photo. Only began after I did upgrade. HELP I miss receiving and sending videos and photos of my grandchildren. The only way I have regular contact with my children and their family.
    10-04-2015 04:34 AM
    Same problem here. I am unable to attach a picture to a text. Tried resetting things, changing settings etc. This started with the last update. 9.3.1

Any help?
    04-04-2016 08:59 PM
    Same problem here. I am unable to attach a picture to a text. Tried resetting things, changing settings etc. This started with the last update. 9.3.1

Any help?
    Same here wtf
    04-08-2016 06:14 PM
    I'm on the most resent update on a 6S+. I tested it both ways (that I always use). I can tap the camera icon (in messages) and select the image source (such as from library) by touching the camera icon first. I'm also able to start with text in the box and then touching the camera icon to bring up the source choice. How are you performing this or failing to perform these steps)?
    YMMV
    04-08-2016 07:18 PM
    I am having the same problem. I cannot select photos from the camera roll to send via imessage or to other. If I do a "screen shot" of the photo I am able to select the screen shot and send via message.
    Deadgirlspeaks likes this.
    04-14-2016 10:37 AM
    I'm not having any of these issues; like Mr. Mike6by9, I can send pictures either way. This is definitely curious issue, and I hope you are able to solve it soon!
    04-14-2016 11:04 AM
    I was dealing with this problem, and after an hour on the phone with Apple, I managed to somehow fix it myself. Hope it works for you!

Settings > Photos & Camera > There should be 2 options "Optimize iPhone Storage" & "Download and Keep Originals", I had the Optimize iPhone Storage checked, and once I switched it to Download and Keep Originals, I was able to attach my pictures from my camera roll to my text messages again!
    Kimmy5454 likes this.
    04-19-2016 01:22 PM

Any help?

I was dealing with this problem, and after an hour on the phone with Apple, I managed to somehow fix it myself. Hope it works for you!

Settings > Photos & Camera > There should be 2 options "Optimize iPhone Storage" & "Download and Keep Originals", I had the Optimize iPhone Storage checked, and once I switched it to Download and Keep Originals, I was able to attach my pictures from my camera roll to my text messages again!
    Eillasa and Jeananne Martin like this.
    04-19-2016 01:23 PM
    I am having the same problem. I cannot select photos from the camera roll to send via imessage or to other. If I do a "screen shot" of the photo I am able to select the screen shot and send via message.

kbviator likes this.
    04-19-2016 01:23 PM

This worked for me! I've only recently had this problem and I didn't realize that it would've been something really simple. Hope everyone else can find a solution! ☺️
    05-05-2016 11:53 PM

Thanks this worked. I have been hitting my head over this.
    05-14-2016 09:31 AM
    Thanks this worked. I have been hitting my head over this.
    Thanks this worked for as well!!☺️☺️☺️
    05-20-2016 09:40 AM
    This same thing just started happening with my iPhone 5c. Any resolution yet? This makes me sad.
    06-03-2016 07:31 AM
    Changing the setting to "Download and Keep" didn't fix this for me.
    06-03-2016 07:41 AM
    Changing the setting to "Download and Keep" didn't fix this for me.
    What, exactly, happens when you try to send a photo? Are they iMessage or MMS? Or both? Do you have MMS enabled in Settings >Messages? If not, toggle it on.
    Also try swiping the messages app out of multitasking.
    Try Reset Network Settings.
    Reset Network Settings Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

Keep in mind photos won't send on cellular in a metal building.
    Deadgirlspeaks likes this.
    06-03-2016 08:38 AM
    Your resolution worked for me lisaxlawlar1109, thank you!!!!
    06-14-2016 10:04 AM
    This has worked for me. Thank you.
    06-21-2016 04:20 PM
    This has worked for me. Thank you so much
    06-21-2016 04:21 PM
    Thank you so much! This fixed my issue too!
    07-08-2016 11:45 AM
34 12