mine just started doing this. I select a pic from photos and it just doesn't show up in the text. And when I pull up the "quick" pick option where I can click on several pics to send they are very old and out of order. Most of my pics won't load for me to even look at once I click on them. It is very weird. If I go into pictures separate I can send them that way. Select a recipient after picking a photo to send. It is a royal PIA. It has never done this b4. I am missing the ease of use. It was so easy to send a picture. To send mult pics. This wk is is a chore. I have tried multiple things. Checked settings. This is something with the last update. I wish I had not done it :-(. It seems to not have effected all iPhones. Just some. Mine is the first iPhone 6 that came out.
    Oh, I also can't edit any photos at all. So if one is sideways. Well,it is just sideways. Says unavailable. Grrrrrr. Zero editing options available on reg phone
    07-12-2016 06:21 AM
    mine just started doing this. I select a pic from photos and it just doesn't show up in the text. And when I pull up the "quick" pick option where I can click on several pics to send they are very old and out of order. Most of my pics won't load for me to even look at once I click on them. It is very weird. If I go into pictures separate I can send them that way. Select a recipient after picking a photo to send. It is a royal PIA. It has never done this b4. I am missing the ease of use. It was so easy to send a picture. To send mult pics. This wk is is a chore. I have tried multiple things. Checked settings. This is something with the last update. I wish I had not done it :-(. It seems to not have effected all iPhones. Just some. Mine is the first iPhone 6 that came out.
    Oh, I also can't edit any photos at all. So if one is sideways. Well,it is just sideways. Says unavailable. Grrrrrr. Zero editing options available on reg phone
    Try a hard reset.
    Hold the top or side power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
    If that doesn't work, try Reset All Settings.
    Reset All Settings
    Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

You can straighten sideways photos in Camera+.
    07-12-2016 07:02 AM
    YAY! you just saved me!!!!
    08-11-2016 05:35 PM
    Lisa ( best name ever btw!)
    Your my hero!! I have been trying for days to figure this out and your fix has worked. Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. You truly saved me!

Lisa
    09-12-2016 01:25 PM
    Thank you!! I been trying to fix this problem all night.

I was dealing with this problem, and after an hour on the phone with Apple, I managed to somehow fix it myself. Hope it works for you!

Settings > Photos & Camera > There should be 2 options "Optimize iPhone Storage" & "Download and Keep Originals", I had the Optimize iPhone Storage checked, and once I switched it to Download and Keep Originals, I was able to attach my pictures from my camera roll to my text messages again!
    09-13-2016 10:19 AM
    I tried changing the setting as you suggested...turned the phone on and off...still unable to share photos. I've deleted as many photos as I cared to...not that many remaining...help!!!
    09-24-2016 12:19 PM
    Thank you. The switch to Download and Keep Originals solved my problem!
    10-03-2016 11:55 AM
    I was dealing with this problem, and after an hour on the phone with Apple, I managed to somehow fix it myself. Hope it works for you!

Settings > Photos & Camera > There should be 2 options "Optimize iPhone Storage" & "Download and Keep Originals", I had the Optimize iPhone Storage checked, and once I switched it to Download and Keep Originals, I was able to attach my pictures from my camera roll to my text messages again!
    10-05-2016 10:34 AM
    Thank you lisaxlawlar1109! This issue has been tormenting me for days and your suggestion WORKED!!! Now, if you could only tell me why my 6S keeps telling me I'm out of storage room, you would earn the 4 Star IPhone Genera Star from me!
    10-05-2016 10:36 AM
34 12