Can I not downgrade to iOS 7 on my 4s?

BullGuard8

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I just exchanged my BlackBerry Q10 with an iPhone 4S 16GB in mint condition. Unfortunately, the guy who sold it to me was like "oh and I already upgraded it to the latest OS" and I'm like "**** me! What a muppet!"

So I've searched online for ways to downgrade to iOS 7.1.2 but it seems like Apple has stopped signing that OS or whatever that means and when I tried to downgrade I got some error:

Error 3194, Error 17, or "This device isn't eligible for the requested build"

Is there really no way to downgrade? From what I've read online that the iPhone 4S only partially supports iOS 8 (whatever that means) so why cant I downgrade? I hate Apple for this forcing users to use the OS they want

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't get it, those experts jailbreak and do all kinds of hacks to the phone yet they cannot force install an OS? :(

It requires the phone having had an SHSH Blob being saved while it was in iOS 7.

I doubt it was ever saved and you'd have to travel around the earth 3 times to find out if it ever has been saved on someone's computer.

Just have 8.1.1 on it. You'll be fine.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't get it, those experts jailbreak and do all kinds of hacks to the phone yet they cannot force install an OS? :(

Jailbreaking requires finding an exploit on a single device. It finds a way to escape the sandbox.

Forcing an install requires at least two devices. While possible, it's a little more complicated and there really is less demand. Why focus so much more effort on the task that really wouldn't have the same payoff?

BullGuard8

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Jailbreaking requires finding an exploit on a single device. It finds a way to escape the sandbox.

Forcing an install requires at least two devices. While possible, it's a little more complicated and there really is less demand. Why focus so much more effort on the task that really wouldn't have the same payoff?
I really wish some iPhone Guru can help me downgrade :(

That would be the best thing for me

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711