- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Why does my phone have a USB cable sign with an arrow towards iTunes?
Starting yesterday my iPhone 4S had no service. Whatever I tried, it just wouldn't let me send any texts or use the internet without wifi. Before that I had started updating my phone to iOS 8.1 but I had to leave so I just turned my phone off. Fast forward to a few minutes ago, I decided to try updating my phone again and soon after a screen with a USB cable on the bottom with an arrow pointing towards the iTunes sign popped up. What does this mean and what should I do? I'm so confused.
- 11-06-2014, 09:34 PM #2iMore Pro
- 576 Posts
Re: Why does my phone have a USB cable sign with an arrow towards iTunes?
Sounds like you powered it off mid update. Somewhat easy fix. First, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes (Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now) and then plug your iPhone into the USB port with your 30-pin dock connector.
Now, there may be some issues. If you had a passcode and never synced to the computer, I am not sure if it worked. And it might end up wiping your phone, but hopefully you've backed up to iTunes or iCloud recently. (Which you should ensure you do before any OS update)
- By naviwilliams in forum Site Feedback & HelpReplies: 25Last Post: 11-26-2014, 09:29 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-07-2014, 06:04 AM
- By Hiri89 in forum MacBook ProReplies: 5Last Post: 11-06-2014, 08:58 PM
- By katesbb in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2014, 11:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2014, 10:06 AM