Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default iOS 8 update question

I have a 4S with 7.1.2. I wanna upgrade to 8, but it says I need 4.7GB of space. My iphone is an 8GB model, and before I delete almost everything to make room, I'm wondering if it will use the entire 4.7 permanently, or will I get a little back after the upgrade. I'm used to some stuff needing a little more space for the upgrade process and then releasing some of it back. Just wondering if that's the case here. All replies appreciated. Thanks, Justin
    iMore Intermediate

154 Posts

Default Re: iOS 8 update question

What happens if you upgrade through iTunes ? I've herd people said that it doesn't need so much space if you upgrade through iTunes

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

You will get most of the space back. It just needs it for the install process. However if you use iTunes you won't need to delete anything from the phone, because the computer handles the extra space needed.
    iMore Intermediate

216 Posts
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

Hello, I'll use this topic to avoid create a new one, nothing's better than live on a clean forum, lol.
    Question: I have iOS 7 on iPhone 4a, if I install ios8.1 on iTunes, how much free space I'll have after install? Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk