- iMore Beginner
- 53 Posts
Unable to delete specific music from iPhone 4S
My son is unable to delete about 25 songs from his iPhone 4S. These same songs were on his iPhone 5 (which he lost 1 month after getting last year, hence using the 4S for the last 20 months). The songs do not show up anywhere in his library. In iTunes, he has music 'checked' to sync, but has NO songs selected. On the 'On this iPhone' tab it shows DIFFERENT songs that are not on his iPhone, and if he deletes them from that tab, then syncs those songs come back to the 'On this iPhone' tab and are not on his phone.
He wants the songs gone so that when he does an iCloud backup to restore to his new iPhone 6, he does not want those songs to come back.
Any ideas on how to get rid of them since iTunes won't remove them?
- 09-26-2014, 12:38 PM #2iMore Genius
- 20,842 Posts
Re: Unable to delete specific music from iPhone 4S
I had the same issue with my iPhone5...did a back-up to iTunes...then I went into settings...general...reset...Erase all content and settings... Let the phone do its thing...restored the back-up and synched to iTunes... Phantom music went away...
- By Bcl1973 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 9Last Post: 09-27-2014, 01:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2014, 10:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-26-2014, 12:07 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-26-2014, 12:00 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-26-2014, 11:22 AM