Not updating to 8. Should I update apps?

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm following the general advice to not update to iOS 8 on my 4s. Of course, I'm getting a ton of app updates that are optimized for iOS 8.

Should I update these apps or will it cause issues if I stick with iOS 7?

Thanks

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on iOS 7 n have update most of the apps that have been updated for iOS 8. They all work perfectly on iOS 7. At least all the ones I have updated work great

iPhone 5S Gold ( iOS 7.1.2 )

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
from what I have seen you are usually good- Once you are two behind- like when iOS 9 comes out is when you will run into trouble. When I used an old iPod touch and an app wasn't compatible I would get a warning that it didn't support my operating system

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Looks like (since it's been impossible to update my iPh4s) I am goinn to leave it alone, since in March I will be replacing it anyways. That is just 6 months away. The wife has the iPh5c and that one updated in no more than 1/2 hr yesterday.
Greetings

ColbyJvonBrown

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Try a clean install or iTunes clean install it should work and make sure battery is at 100% then deplete it and charge to 100% without unplugging or interruption!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Youngest daughter works for Apple in Central Fla, she advised me to go ahead and UPDATE the 4s to iOS 8, did it and it actually went by fast yesterday afternoon.

Now I just wait for the AT&T contract to run out in March so that I can then get the i6s.

Saludos !!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR