2 iPhone 4s (i don't have the pins)

Steven Johnstone

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: I've installled Cydia, along with the "new phone" thing. I've linked it to a new itunes account but im unsure if this was the correct thing to do.

I ran Ultrasn0w to try get my new three sim card working, but still, "no service".

Is their a work around??

Please help me jailbreak and unlock these things, one says "phone disabled connect to itunes" the other is still just an average pin screen so it must be Pay as you go(i think thats a good thing?)

Please someone give me a guide of sorts? I have no clue what ios to download etc. I've tried guides, none helped me. I know DFU mode and thats it. I downloaded gecko tools but redsnow said "shubs corrupted" or something.

You guys would make my year, i do anything for a iphone

Last edited:

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you have the PINs?

What happens when you connect the phones to iTunes in DFU mode?

If the device has just got a forgotten passcode then you can restore it as new. if it is in fact activation-locked through iCloud then you are out of luck.

Steven Johnstone

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Because my mates changed them whilst drunk like a bunch of assholes and forgot the pin.

I installed cydia(spelling), then ran/installed Ultrasnow too and ran that, rebooted like it asked. Still getting "no service".

Is there a way around this?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I seem to be a bit confused. I blame my advancing old age. :)

Jailbreaking the devices is not a way to unlock them to a carrier; the Jailbreak and Unlock are separate things. Before you start doing the jailbreak thing, explore other options first. it's a lot easier and there is less chance of stuffing up your phones completely, especially as it seems from your post that you are unfamiliar with jailbreaking.

The way I see it, you have two issues to deal with, both separate from each other. Please explain if I have misread your posts.

A 'no service' problem, and
PIN locked phones

Can you say if the phones were working fine before your friends put the PIN codes on them? Were they working with the Three sims installed before the PIN codes were added? If not, which provider are the phones locked to? If you have been on contract with them then you can unlock it for free (usually), if not, you can contact the provider and for a small fee they will usually unlock it for you. This is exactly what I have done in the past with an iPhone locked to Vodafone that I wanted to use on Three.

Have you tried a different Three sim card in the chances that the sims you have are malfunctioning? It's not usual but far from impossible.

If it is just a PIN access code to the devices and the iCloud Activation Lock hasn't been set then you can just restore them as new using iTunes. As per my first post, have you tried that? If one of the devices is sitting on the PIN code screen then you should be able to do this without any issue. Then once into the device we can start looking at the 'no service' issue. Let's get one issue resolved first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2