4S Went In The Pool - Next Steps
Several days ago my daughter dropped her 4S in the swimming pool. We did all the usual stuff to rescue a wet iPhone but in the end it gave up the ghost. I have already replaced it with another quality 4S I found on eBay. I would like to recover some of my expenses by salvaging the old water damaged iPhone so I was thinking about selling it on eBay. I am an honest person that would clearly disclose the water damage and emphasize the phone was being sold for parts. This is my concern, due to the water damage I cannot turn on the phone and properly erase all settings and data. I fear someone smarter than me could buy the phone and they might have a way of extracting sensitive information off the device. Tossing the phone in the trash could pose a similar issue if someone is able to find it. How would you dispose of an iPhone where the data in it cannot be properly erased? Are there some useful parts with salvage value that I can remove and sell on eBay? Looking for suggestions.
- 05-21-2014, 05:39 PM #2
Re: 4S Went In The Pool - Next Steps
I doubt that anything but outer casing will be salvageable. It might fetch around $2-$29. So you feel secure, get a hammer and beat the sh** out of the internals. It would be near impossible to salvage any data off of the internals that way, unless you're part of a government agency. People with access to that kind of technology won't be looking through trash.
- 05-23-2014, 01:56 PM #3
- By Dx3me in forum AccessoriesReplies: 3Last Post: 01-04-2016, 01:20 AM
- By Just_Me_D in forum Wallpapers & RingtonesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-21-2014, 08:55 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2014, 04:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2014, 03:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-21-2014, 10:50 AM