I just purchased a new 4s and I'm so darn happy!

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congrats and enjoy your 4s! As many have stated, I too am a huge fan of the feel, look, and weight of the 4s. The only reason I don't have mine is due to an unfortunate run in with a curb!

arkhale

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Wow. I am also contemplating in getting an iPhone 4s while I'm typing this. I already tried Android (Galaxy S2, S3, S4) and it's all messed up, at least for in my opinion. Right now I'm using a Lumia 920, I am a windows Phone fan (TBH) but I'm feeling left out. Just look at all the basic apps which are not on the store or poor apps not updated for more than a year or so. I'm really into getting a iPhone 4s, I am just reluctant about the speed especially with iOS7 update since it is a bit old. Please shed some light to me. Thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow. I am also contemplating in getting an iPhone 4s while I'm typing this. I already tried Android (Galaxy S2, S3, S4) and it's all messed up, at least for in my opinion. Right now I'm using a Lumia 920, I am a windows Phone fan (TBH) but I'm feeling left out. Just look at all the basic apps which are not on the store or poor apps not updated for more than a year or so. I'm really into getting a iPhone 4s, I am just reluctant about the speed especially with iOS7 update since it is a bit old. Please shed some light to me. Thank you.

The information via the following link may be of assistance to you.

http://forums.imore.com/ask-question/290867-ios-7smooth-lag-free-iphone-4s.html

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4S is one of my favorite iPhones. If it had LTE it would have been my favorite. I love the design of it and glass back is sexy. I cherished mine. I only wish I had gotten the white one instead of the black one.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I always end up on iPhone 4S. Tried Windows Phone HTC 8X, Lumia 900, Lumia 920, Android phones such as GS3, Nexus 4, Pantech vega 870, HTC One X, GS4, Huawei P6, Moto G etc. Even had iPhone 5 and 5C but I always came back to my iPhone 4S. It does not feel choppy or sluggish at all. It has an awesome design and perfect weight. I love the looks of it and I'm so glad that it is supported by Apple and iOS 8 will be available to it. Anyways, congrats on your new phone! Literally felt the excitement bursting out of my iPhone 4S's screen. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore forums bud. 4s is still a great phone. It's beefy but still feels good in hands!

Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore forums bud. 4s is still a great phone. It's beefy but still feels good in hands!

Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my Darth Vader black iPhone 5 using iMore Forums

I don't think it is beefy at all. It feels really good in the hand to me.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I used a white 4s for 2yrs then got a black iPhone 5 which is my daily use phone. I had to turn the 5 in for a warranty issues(screen lifted upper RH corner) so I re-actived my 4s for a few days. I must say I was surprised how much I miss my 4s and iOS 6. It's not as lag free as my 5 but something about the older iOS and phone feel better to me. Looks-wise I miss iOS 6 tremendously and absolutely loathe the new flat design which I find lacks definition and clarity. It also doesn't take advantage of the beautiful display the way iOS 6 does. Anyways good luck with your new device I'm sure you will love it.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been using Apple/Mac products for more than a quarter century. I am naturally an admirer of the Apple products but not a fanboy, although I am too deep into their ecosystem to get out of it economically.
But as such, I have also been an iPhone user since it's inception in 2007. I purchased every single iPhone model all the way up to the 5s.
However, a few years ago, by an accident, I had to use a Blackberry as a stop gap measure (I sold my 3gs too early :) . The Blackberry was something I thought button-up boring type, or my grandparents use. But it was a communication workhorse. So, I ended up using the Bold line of Blackberry's as my daily driver for phone, email and text with some light internet checking etc. The rest was delegated to my iPhone.
My idea of smartphone is that it has to be mobile (not just portable, but "palm-sized" to fit into my hand).
To make a long story short, I ended up replacing my 5s with the 4s (crazy, I know), and for any need for extra screen size, I have an iPad Mini. My 4s does everything it need to do. I learned to live with a tiny bit of lag on some apps, but otherwise, with the latest iOS (7.1.2), I see no need for the big long 5s. I recently jailbroke my 4s so that I have a true gmail push, and a convenient lock screen etc and with those, everything is complete, and I am now a one device guy :). As to the iPhone 6, I hope Apple will also offer a smaller version Or at least the iPhone 5 size) with the same internals. I also do not like overly thin and light phones, which seems to be a fad these days. The 4s has a comfy heft too.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner