Request suggestion to make the most with a 8gb 4s

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I wish to have any suggestion about using Cloud services and other tips to use better my Iphone 4s 8gb.
I know that Icloud is mainly for backup and pics sharing but I wish something to store pics and music an use them in my Iphone on demand.
Itunes Match, may be a solution for music but from what I seen music is not in real streaming but tracks are downloaded to the Iphone.
Anyone has found better solutions to optimize memory management in their iphones?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I wish to have any suggestion about using Cloud services and other tips to use better my Iphone 4s 8gb.
I know that Icloud is mainly for backup and pics sharing but I wish something to store pics and music an use them in my Iphone on demand.
Itunes Match, may be a solution for music but from what I seen music is not in real streaming but tracks are downloaded to the Iphone.
Anyone has found better solutions to optimize memory management in their iphones?

Keep your apps to a minimum. Don't use apps that take a lot of space. Asphalt 8, for example, takes a whole gb. You can use Dropbox or other apps for storing photos. Don't put an excessive amount of music on your music library. Keep it to a minimum and switch the songs out from time to time. Also, keep your messages in iMessage deleted. They can add up over time if you don't delete them. Keep photos and videos deleted from emails. Keep unnecessary Safari history and cache deleted. Good luck! I used an 8 gb iPhone 4 for nearly 2 years. It's a space balancing act. Some things you just have to do without.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Keep your apps to a minimum. Don't use apps that take a lot of space. Asphalt 8, for example, takes a whole gb. You can use Dropbox or other apps for storing photos. Don't put an excessive amount of music on your music library. Keep it to a minimum and switch the songs out from time to time. Also, keep your messages in iMessage deleted. They can add up over time if you don't delete them. Keep photos and videos deleted from emails. Keep unnecessary Safari history and cache deleted. Good luck! I used an 8 gb iPhone 4 for nearly 2 years. It's a space balancing act. Some things you just have to do without.

Tried Dropbox but it is more a sharing app than a Cloud mass memory. I can't understand if the pics I see are stored in the device or in the cloud and uploading takes long time

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Tried Dropbox but it is more a sharing app than a Cloud mass memory. I can't understand if the pics I see are stored in the device or in the cloud and uploading takes long time

I use Box. You can also store photos in Google+. Yes, it's a social media share thing, but you don't have to do all that. I don't. I just keep photos there. If you have a computer, you might store most of your photos there. Is it really necessary to keep 600+ photos on your phone? With only about 6.3 gb of storage to work with, you have to manage whatever way you can.

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
The if this then that app (IFTTT) is great to set up commands like when you take a pic it gets directly stored in Dropbox or Google+. That way u don't have to worry about doing it every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok, for the pics, but for the music?
I know about Itunes Match, but from what I have learned the tracks are not in streaming but downloaded directly to the Iphone, right?

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Do spotify premium. It's really good and you can make your playlists to take with you. Saves a ton of room

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok, for the pics, but for the music?
I know about Itunes Match, but from what I have learned the tracks are not in streaming but downloaded directly to the Iphone, right?
If you use Itunes match the music is not stored on your phone (to the best of my knowledge) the downside is to listen to your music you need a cell signal or wifi

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd say to backup whatever you can, in the cloud. A service that I know of that's offering the most storage is Copy.com and with this link you can get a total of 20 GB. https://copy.com/?r=jOD1mm
For the music, I agree with parker5011. Many people I know like using it and it can save a ton of storage if you have a lot of songs.
When updating the phone, do it via iTunes and not OTA.

Last edited:

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've been using Google Play Music on my iPhone and it doesn't require me to download anything besides the app to my phone. I stream my entire library. It costs $9.99 a month and you can add an unlimited amount of songs to your library and listen anywhere as long as you have data or wifi.

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
About the different Cloud storage services, is there at least one that let me see a preview of my pics online, in a sort of album mode and only if I want it, the pics are downloaded to the Iphone?

kar120c

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I am testing Cloud Music services like Spotify and Sound Cloud; very useful and they let appear the small memory of my Iphone much larger but I found that these Apps, just installed are 30/40mb but after a short time of use they grow in size becoming the largest apps in my Iphone.
I think they have a cache o something similar but I can't find a way to clean this cache other than uninstalling and installing again the Apps

parker5011

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I am testing Cloud Music services like Spotify and Sound Cloud; very useful and they let appear the small memory of my Iphone much larger but I found that these Apps, just installed are 30/40mb but after a short time of use they grow in size becoming the largest apps in my Iphone.
I think they have a cache o something similar but I can't find a way to clean this cache other than uninstalling and installing again the Apps

Also you can go under the safari app and delete history and cookies. Clears some room as well

On my 5 tapatalkin'

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

To the point of Music being on the phone, you don't need to have any music on your phone if you have iTunes Match, a service that allows you to upload all your music to the cloud, and which smartly matches those songs already in the iTunes store and loads the rest manually. The only thing to take note of is that iTunes Match requires a yearly subscription.

mhn6699

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Though its a late reply., I thought it might help you in case if you didn't find proper solution,,
well the solution is, install EDDY CLOUD MUSIC PLAYER PRO.. it solves your problem.. I'm new to IOS. I have seen abt this app in this forum...
Good Luck...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods