How do I get more memory for pictures, videos ect on my Iphone 4S?

SHANNON123456

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I have about 20 photos, 4 videos and like 2 apps on my iphone 4S and i wont allow me to take a photo because my storage is filled up. I want to know how to get alot! more memory on my phone and how much that will cost?. :crying:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You cannot add more physical storage to your iPhone. For example, if you have a 16GB iPhone 4S, you cannot exceed the 16GB storage limit. You would have to purchase another iPhone with more storage. Alternatively, you can upload your photos to a cloud service like SkyDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox or even iCloud (for backup purposes) or transfer the photos to your computer or an external hard drive or USB drive. As for the cost, it varies, depending on the option you choose.

SHANNON123456

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Ummm okay, so if I want to take more and more pictures/videos then I can keep them stored in SkyDrive/Google Drive/Dropbox/iCloud?. How would I do that because I'm sick of not being able tot ake a photo.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ummm okay, so if I want to take more and more pictures/videos then I can keep them stored in SkyDrive/Google Drive/Dropbox/iCloud?. How would I do that because I'm sick of not being able tot ake a photo.

Each of the aforementioned cloud services have an app in the App Store. Download and install the app of the service you plan to use, upload the photos to it - there's usually an "upload" option - and when the photos have been safely uploaded to the cloud service, delete the photos from your camera roll. That's should solve your dilemma as I understand it to be.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
20 photos doesn't sound like it's taking up all your memory. I have a 16gb iphone and I have 500+ photos on mine. Definitely set up iCloud storage as suggested. Maybe on a pc connect to iTunes and see what is taking up all your memory. You will see that at the bottom.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Either your videos are really really long or something is array I suggest you take the videos off your phone back it up to iCloud and restore thru iTunes you will get your photos back but not your videos

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings/General/Usage and see how much storage you have, how much you have left, and how much each app takes up...what size phone do you have?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Seems like he has a 8 GB considering the amount of stuff he has put on his device yet already using all of it. At this point, even using dropbox, drive, etc, you'll be very constrained since the 8 GB really only give around 6 GB of data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2