iPhone 4s strange Memory (Ram) management and lag issues

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
If you get any errors, simply google them. These occur mainly when the iPhone is not connected in DFU mode properly or the file you downloaded is not for the iPhone 4S. You can download the .0.4 for iPhone 4S from Felix Bruns. Next, you should seriously complete wipe and upgrade. I never had any such issue of low ram and lagging on my 4S which was running 6.1.3 and then updated to 7.0.4. Best of luck.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
What you saw was probably the screen asking you to sign into your Apple ID.

Well good luck hopefully the 45 minute average download will be outage free

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

You need to download the current version 7.0.4

If you get any errors, simply google them. These occur mainly when the iPhone is not connected in DFU mode properly or the file you downloaded is not for the iPhone 4S. You can download the .0.4 for iPhone 4S from Felix Bruns. Next, you should seriously complete wipe and upgrade. I never had any such issue of low ram and lagging on my 4S which was running 6.1.3 and then updated to 7.0.4. Best of luck.

Well i have updating my 4s to 7.0.4 and here are the observations,

so far installed only facebook and battery doctor app

The phone was sort of laggy in switching from landscape to potrait and viceversa,the animation stuttered a tinge,but annoyed me,so i turned off parallax from accessibilities and

Now it is running fine,No System lag,facebook lags just a tinge due to network maybe (slow opening of sites so a bit of stutter,doesn't matter much)

I have checked it with battery docter with Notes,reminders,calenders and messages opened along with facebook app and the usage sometimes still goes as high as 94%

But the memory management is quite efficient by now and it frees up to 80% or 72% sometimes automatically

BUT the thing which i am still noticiing is whenever i click on free-up memory,the memory frees,say from 94% to 68% and that DOES make a difference,i don't know what

is happening which app is creating that memory bug (or if it is a bug xD),i have jailbroken now and it is running fine

wanna ask any memory optimization apps on cydia/itunes?

any general iOS 7 cydia tweak that can improve the performance of OS?

any app which can free up memory automatically when it reaches a certain limit (say 90%)? ?? kindly help me?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Glad you was able to finish your install I was wondering how you made out 👍

I'm not to familiar with JB tweaks but I'm sure someone will be by to give you advice in that area

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Try installing FakeClockup.

Glad you was able to finish your install I was wondering how you made out 👍

I'm not to familiar with JB tweaks but I'm sure someone will be by to give you advice in that area

Thank you haseeb bhai :)

and thanks to kataran aswell :) actually i reinstalled the latest version of itunes and bingo,worked flawlessly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh