Above average to high memory usage+app crashing+ few other niggles please help

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
iphone 4s running with 6.1.3 on a gevey sim,I started using battery doctor app from itunes quite sometimes ago,and the memory usage on my phone is always above 50% whenever

i detect it in idle mode..it is usually 60%+ means more than 320mb of used memory, in idle mode.... i have push notification on for GMAIL,YAHOo mail app, (i don't like stock mail app btw) FB,fb

messenger,whatsapp,messages,contacts,Viber,tango,espncricinfo app,brightness 30%...and when multitasking it increases to 80%-90% meaning 420 mb + used memory...

AND i am encountering some app crashes as well (app keeps running in the background,i just have to double tap the home button and it works BUT IT IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING)

apps like marvin (epub reader) and few other apps do have this type of crashing which cringes me...

and also animation or scrolling in some apps is stuttering like espn cricinfo app where the settings menu has "fold-in"/"fold-out" animation,and scrolling long lists have a lag in some apps....

kindly help me As i was really looking forward to upgrade to 7.0.4 but this has caught me...

is it normal (the memory usage)?? is it caused due to gevey? what about the other niggles kindly help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's possible, especially being that you're primarily using third-party apps that uses push notifications and/or are always running.

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: so now I have turned Push NOTIFICATIONs "OFF" for viber,tango,and 2 other apps...the memory USAGE is SOMETIMES still above 80% but i reckon it is quite controlled,as

soon as i hit "free up memory" button on my iOS,the memory frees up quite much...

KINDLY can anyone give me an opinion to the above question as I am really really confused... "what do u suggest,should i upgrade to 7.0.4 or just jailbreak current version

Kashan Osama

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
iOS 7 will use up more ram than iOS 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

So do you suggest to JB the current iOS?

As i have a sort of idea tha i 7.1 JB (why I am talking about 7.1 here? because it is SAID to be more optimized and stable) would be hard to get so it

would be out after quite sometime...in this time frame i will enjoy 6.1.3 jb,THOUGH I really want to use 7.0.4 BUT quite torn b/w due to

keyboard lagging/battery drain (reportedly for some users) and the current memory problem on my iPhone...What will you suggest sir I really need

an opinion :(

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2