Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Me_D
  • 1 Post By acerace113
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

Default Above average to high memory usage+app crashing+ few other niggles please help

iphone 4s running with 6.1.3 on a gevey sim,I started using battery doctor app from itunes quite sometimes ago,and the memory usage on my phone is always above 50% whenever

i detect it in idle mode..it is usually 60%+ means more than 320mb of used memory, in idle mode.... i have push notification on for GMAIL,YAHOo mail app, (i don't like stock mail app btw) FB,fb

messenger,whatsapp,messages,contacts,Viber,tango,e spncricinfo app,brightness 30%...and when multitasking it increases to 80%-90% meaning 420 mb + used memory...

AND i am encountering some app crashes as well (app keeps running in the background,i just have to double tap the home button and it works BUT IT IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING)

apps like marvin (epub reader) and few other apps do have this type of crashing which cringes me...

and also animation or scrolling in some apps is stuttering like espn cricinfo app where the settings menu has "fold-in"/"fold-out" animation,and scrolling long lists have a lag in some apps....

kindly help me As i was really looking forward to upgrade to 7.0.4 but this has caught me...

is it normal (the memory usage)?? is it caused due to gevey? what about the other niggles kindly help

Default Re: Above average to high memory usage+app crashing+ few other niggles please help

It's possible, especially being that you're primarily using third-party apps that uses push notifications and/or are always running.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

Default Re: Above average to high memory usage+app crashing+ few other niggles please help

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    It's possible, especially being that you're primarily using third-party apps that uses push notifications and/or are always running.
    So what do u suggest,should i upgrade to 7.0.4 or just jailbreak current version

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Thumbs
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

Bump please please urgent help needed

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Thumbs
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

UPDATE: so now I have turned Push NOTIFICATIONs "OFF" for viber,tango,and 2 other apps...the memory USAGE is SOMETIMES still above 80% but i reckon it is quite controlled,as

soon as i hit "free up memory" button on my iOS,the memory frees up quite much...

KINDLY can anyone give me an opinion to the above question as I am really really confused... "what do u suggest,should i upgrade to 7.0.4 or just jailbreak current version
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,192 Global Posts

iOS 7 will use up more ram than iOS 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    Kashan Osama likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by acerace113 View Post
    iOS 7 will use up more ram than iOS 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

So do you suggest to JB the current iOS?

As i have a sort of idea tha i 7.1 JB (why I am talking about 7.1 here? because it is SAID to be more optimized and stable) would be hard to get so it

would be out after quite sometime...in this time frame i will enjoy 6.1.3 jb,THOUGH I really want to use 7.0.4 BUT quite torn b/w due to

keyboard lagging/battery drain (reportedly for some users) and the current memory problem on my iPhone...What will you suggest sir I really need

an opinion