From 4.3" to 3.5"

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!

This is my first post in the iMore forum, but I've been part of Windows Phone Central (I myself own a HTC 8X) for a long time now. I would like some advice regarding an iPhone 4S that I have bought for my husband. He's an Apple guy (Mac Book Air, iMac, iPods, etc.) and is always going on about the wonders of Apple in general. The thing is that he owns a HTC One S (that I bought him almost a couple of years ago), which, as many of you would know, has a 4.3" screen. He hasn't changed his phone yet because he says he doesn't want to spend any money on it but he's always complaining about its poor performance. However, we're celebrating a special occasion on Monday and I've bought him a white iPhone 4S. I haven't bought a better one because the next in line (5C) costs 200? more. I know he'll love it but my only concern is the size of the screen... He's always telling me he's waiting for the iPhone 6 to be released because, supposedly, it'll have a bigger screen. Have any of you come to the iPhone 4S after using a bigger screen? Was it that awful? I really hope he likes my surprise...

What are your thoughts? Thanks a lot for your comments!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The 4S is a great device. I didn't go from a larger screen to my 4S though. If he prefers a larger screen he might have a problem with the screen. I personally love my 4S. That's why I haven't upgraded yet. However, since he's an Apple guy this might hold him over until the iPhone 6 is released later this year.

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply pr1nce. That was my intention, to keep him "happy" until the iPhone 6 is released. There's another issue, however, that I hadn't thought about: storage. His current phone has 16Gb of storage and the iPhone 4S that I bought only has 8Gb. I guess almost everything can be saved in the Cloud, am I right? If this is the case then I guess it'll be enough. I'll have to wait until Monday and see his reaction!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I went from a EVO 3D which has a bigger screen to a 4S.
But I only had the the EVO because my carrier didn't have the iPhone at that time. I'm a Apple guy 100% so the screen being smaller on the 4S didn't bother me. The performance of the iPhone and the ecosystem was more important than screen size.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply pr1nce. That was my intention, to keep him "happy" until the iPhone 6 is released. There's another issue, however, that I hadn't thought about: storage. His current phone has 16Gb of storage and the iPhone 4S that I bought only has 8Gb. I guess almost everything can be saved in the Cloud, am I right? If this is the case then I guess it'll be enough. I'll have to wait until Monday and see his reaction!

Good luck..hope it works out for him. By the way, welcome to iMore! :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I came back on my iPhone 4S from HTC One X which has 4.7" inches screen. It feels a bit weird in the start but gets better after using the smaller screen.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Well, so far so good. My husband is in love with his new iPhone 4S. He doesn't seem to have noticed the smaller screen size just yet... We'll see how it goes tomorrow when he sets up everything and leaves his HTC One S for good. He might even convince me to get an iPhone for myself ;)

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

Cloud storage is awesome. It really quadruples your phone's space. I use google music for music, iCloud & OWA for emails, Skydrive & Google Drive for documents and Dropbox for photos and documents ;) I literally still have close to 8 GB with hundreds of items on my phone.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2