Most reliable replacement parts?

vincelac

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, this is my first time posting in iMore (I post over at wpcentral) and I am new to the whole iPhone things, so sorry if I'm asking something that is well known.

My aunt gave me her old 4S after her stepdaughter dropped it a few too many times and busted the LCD. I just happened to be looking for an upgrade from my Lumia 521 and am not too nitpicky about phone OS (except android, not my cup of tea). I need to replace the LCD/Digitizer and just got burned on a purchase for an HTC 8x assembly (replaced LCD/digitizer and the digitizer doesn't follow directions very well) so I thought it'd be wise to ask around before buying from some random repair parts place off eBay. I've seen a few LCD/Digitizer combos on amazon for around $25, but I don't want to buy a screen that is more likely to crack if I drop it if an OEM part is only $30-$40 more. I will, however, sacrifice the quality if an OEM part goes for around $80+ on average. The replacement part may be my only expense for this phone but I'm kind of cheap, so yeah.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
1st off, welcome to iMore and iOS. I'm not sure where u live but in my area; San Antonio area; you can get your screen replaced for around $50 parts and labor and done in an hour. Try calling a few places to see how much they charge before trying to replace the screen yourself. GL

vincelac

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
1st off, welcome to iMore and iOS. I'm not sure where u live but in my area; San Antonio area; you can get your screen replaced for around $50 parts and labor and done in an hour. Try calling a few places to see how much they charge before trying to replace the screen yourself. GL

Thanks! I'm up in NJ and that sounds very reasonable if the parts are OEM quality. I'll look up a few places in my area, thanks again!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, this is my first time posting in iMore (I post over at wpcentral) and I am new to the whole iPhone things, so sorry if I'm asking something that is well known.

My aunt gave me her old 4S after her stepdaughter dropped it a few too many times and busted the LCD. I just happened to be looking for an upgrade from my Lumia 521 and am not too nitpicky about phone OS (except android, not my cup of tea). I need to replace the LCD/Digitizer and just got burned on a purchase for an HTC 8x assembly (replaced LCD/digitizer and the digitizer doesn't follow directions very well) so I thought it'd be wise to ask around before buying from some random repair parts place off eBay. I've seen a few LCD/Digitizer combos on amazon for around $25, but I don't want to buy a screen that is more likely to crack if I drop it if an OEM part is only $30-$40 more. I will, however, sacrifice the quality if an OEM part goes for around $80+ on average. The replacement part may be my only expense for this phone but I'm kind of cheap, so yeah.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you!

Amazon I have used them before with no issue and if a part don't work they will replace it free

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I actually brought mine to a local business and they replaced both front and back screens for only $69. Was easier and cheaper than doing them myself.

Sent from my gameboy color

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods