missing file?

mog9166

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi there

When I plug my iphone to the laptop I get the Autoplay box pop up with the different options.
I choose the 'open device to view files' option and the internet storage is displayed.
Double click and a window with file DCIM in it.

With me so far?

Now, when I open the DCIM file, it would reveal 2 more files which i could view my photos etc.
Thats what used to happen!!
Lately I only have 1 file pop up of only approx 400MB with a few pics!
Does anyone know what I could have done with the other, much large file, where it may of gone
and how to get it back?
thanks
Maria

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Hi there

When I plug my iphone to the laptop I get the Autoplay box pop up with the different options.
I choose the 'open device to view files' option and the internet storage is displayed.
Double click and a window with file DCIM in it.

With me so far?

Now, when I open the DCIM file, it would reveal 2 more files which i could view my photos etc.
Thats what used to happen!!
Lately I only have 1 file pop up of only approx 400MB with a few pics!
Does anyone know what I could have done with the other, much large file, where it may of gone
and how to get it back?
thanks
Maria

The DCIM folder on a phone is the area where the camera picture are kept, it's (and I'm not expert, I just did a little googling), the file structure setup by your phone's firmware to keep the pictures and manage their storage area. It's pretty much a universal thing, as my HTC One has the same sub directory. Could it be you deleted some pictures from your device? Or if you deleted it with the PC did you check your recycling bin?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner