Unable to turn phone on

Feedup

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Snice I have upgraded my 4S to the ios 7/7.4 software I have had nothing but problems.I have just dropped it back to the repairers for the 5th time in a month. If I turn the phone off I can't turn it back on, if I try and reset the phone it won't turn back on even when I updated it to ios7.4 it turned it's self off and I had to reset it via iTunes only to lose everything. When I go into camera is shakes. Facebook is the only app that doesn't open correctly (unable to use)
I never had a problem with the phone before the software upgrade. Is anyone else having these problems?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your trouble with your 4s. I upgraded both of our 4s iPhones to 7.0.4 with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7.0.4 shouldn't be causing problems like that on any iOS device and yours is the first I've heard of such problems. Having said that, when you restored your iPhone 4 or upgrade to the latest iOS version, did you restore from a backup? If so, try setting it up as a new device.

Feedup

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I have tried restoring it from backup and I have set it up as new twice and nothing seems to fix it. The only way the repair guy can seem to fix it is by putting in a new screen, lucky he is a great bloke and not charging me for each new screen.