Is the 4S still a good phone?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread title edited for clarity.

Yes, the 4S is a great phone and will still receive iOS updates in the future. My son got his 4S this summer and he loves it.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to say it will for sure, but Apple is great at updating their devices. And the 4s is a great phone.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
A couple of months ago I switched from the 4s to the 5 and I really miss the 4s. Unless you are one of those that cares about specs, I think the 4s is probably the best value of all the current iPhones. I certainly am sorry I sold my 4s. It felt solid, looked great and had everything I needed in a small package. Nothing wrong with the current iPhones but after all is said and done, they are no better or offer any more useful features for my use than my 4s. In other words...... yes. It's still a good phone.

phonegeek1998

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well sorry about the 2 usernames first .... Well I have the iPod touch that has same speed as iPhone 4S I use it more than. Note 2 I have a feeling I'll like it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Us cellular getting the 4s and rest if new iPhones but the 4s looks so much better

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I've stated on numerous occasions throughout the forums that the iPhone 4S is my favorite iPhone out of them all to this point. I'm not saying it is the best iPhone ever made in regard to specs & speed, but, in my opinion, the combination of elegance, power, speed, weight and the feel of it in your hands, is second to none.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not to be redundant but yes it's still a good phone. My daughter has had her 4S for about a year and she still loves it. Works great with iOS 7. She wants the 5C now because of the colors but otherwise she has no interest in moving to another phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
It?s a great phone if you still have one. I am currently still on the 4s and I have no problems what so ever But I wouldn?t buy one now.

ricnmar

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoyed my two years with the 4S - I was not sure I would upgrade to the 5S when I became eligible for the upgrade from Sprint.

Then I saw the GOLD color and the fingerprint sensor and that was the end of my indecision. The 4S was/is great up until I pulled the 5S out of the box and turned it on.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It is a good phone. That being said, it is getting to be a little dated (2 years is a LONG time in tech!)

So if you have a 4s will it continue to work, work well and reliably? Sure, provided you dont break it. But will it be as efficient and powerful as a 5s? no chance.

You use "good". If you want a better answer perhaps explain what youre looking for exactly? My father's BlackBerry bold 9900 is also a "good" phone. I have a buddy who is a dinosaur and has a samsung flip phone, which is also "good". All he ever uses it for is as a landline replacement, functionally its great for him!

Anyways, decide whats important in a phone for you, because "good", may not be good enough. For me, the 4s wouldn't be "good enough" to keep me satisfied in late 2013.