How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage after switching to a non-iPhone?
I have switched phones and am not using an iphone at the moment. I am still on the same sim card and have the same number though. How do I unlock my phone number from the imessage account so that I don't have issues going forward?
- 10-15-2013, 10:21 AM #2
re: How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage after switching to a non-iPhone?
I am assuming you've logged out of iMessage & FaceTime on all of your i-devices, if applicable. Anyway, go to the Manage Your Apple ID site via the following link -- https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/We...MyAppleId.woa/ -- Login and then edit your information. Specifically, remove the phone number listed. Some people have found success by simply changing their Apple ID password, but again, that's hearsay. If the mention 2 things don't work for you, contact Apple support.
- By Sekelani Zwambila in forum AccessoriesReplies: 424Last Post: 12-23-2015, 10:46 AM
- By James Falconer in forum iOS 7Replies: 18Last Post: 12-26-2013, 01:28 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-15-2013, 08:25 AM
- By Jordan Canham in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2013, 07:22 AM
- By Sekelani Zwambila in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 8Last Post: 10-15-2013, 06:02 AM