Since IOS7 my iPhone is downloading ghost data!

Maaike Fest

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Last week I updated my 4s to ios 7. I have around 2 gb space free. Since that time, one or 2 times a day, my phone is slowly filling up, downloading ghost data in the background over wifi. After a while I get a message that my phone is almost full, later I have 0 mb free space left, and then slowly the data disappears again, I get more and more free space until I have 2 gb free again.
When I look at settings, general, usage, I can't find any app that is suddenly very huge and then small again. I tried turning off everything like commercial tracking, user statistics being sent to Apple, and nothing works. Apps updating and refreshing in the background is turned off.
My battery life has been bad since installing ios 7, and downloading 2 gb of ghost data every day doesn't help of course.
I tried to find an app that can track my usage by app, but a lot of apps don't show data per app, or are only for cellular data.
I hope someone can help me!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Turn off the device and then turn it back on to see if it clears itself. If so, great, if not, continue to step 2.
​2. Connect your device to iTunes, do a backup and then restore it "as new".

Maaike Fest

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have purchased an iPhone 5c 2weeks ago, and restored it from iCloud backup. The problem is still there! I think I have found the source though, it is downloading lots of "itunes-accounts" data, over wifi and 3g. What the heck is that and how do I turn it off?

zulu30

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings--> iTunes. Scroll to the very bottom and toggle "Use Cellular Data" off. Keep in mind anything iTunes will now require a wi-fi connection.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have purchased an iPhone 5c 2weeks ago, and restored it from iCloud backup. The problem is still there! I think I have found the source though, it is downloading lots of "itunes-accounts" data, over wifi and 3g. What the heck is that and how do I turn it off?

Do you have iTunes Match or music downloading ? Maybe something is stuck trying to download runs out space and then starts over..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice